Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Ugly Side of Life

Let's face it, not everything in life is pretty. I hesitated posting the latest happenings, but it did dominate most of our Labor day weekend, so here goes. A couple of weeks ago, I went to the dentist and discovered I needed a root canal (yeah!). But the dentist could not do it then because it was to infected. So he sent me home with an antibiotic, which I took, and scheduled the root canal for a couple of weeks later. Well on Saturday my tooth really started hurting, I took some pain killers the dentist gave me, which made me sooooo sick. This is very disappointing because I have never had difficulty with pain medication. And quite honestly I really enjoy a good narcotic after having a baby.(Sorry mom, no more grandchildren from this source). Well needless to say pain medication does not work if you throw it up. So I was in some excruciating pain and on top of this my cheek swelled up the size of a softball. I did not sleep well all weekend, and you know how the mind works in the middle of the night, I was completely convinced that the infection was spreading to my heart and slowly killing me. I am a fun sick person, just ask the most patient person in the world. Carter. I missed all of the fun neighborhood activities and life in general. You know I'm sick if I leave my poor counselors with 250 primary kids, which I did. We have an awesome neighbor who was thoughtful enough to come and give me a blessing last night and brought me some medicine that helps calm your stomach so I could take some pain medication. I went to the dentist first thing this morning and he took care of me too, so hopefully I will be functioning by after school. Needless to say, life is not always pretty, as evidenced by these disturbing pictures.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Yikes! That reminds me of the part on "Cast Away" where he had to knock out his tooth with a skate. How could you do any of that without pain killers. I'm glad you got it worked out, but it looks miserable!

Cluff Family said...

I considered using a skate, but it seemed a bit primitive, although I do understand the mindset. Those painful tooth aches do wear on the nerves:)

Polliwog said...

Poor thing! But you still look pretty cute, I have to say ;). I hope you are feeling better, very soon.

Kelly said...

Wow. Once I broke my finger and couldn't see an orthapedic specialist until the following week and the ointment laced gauze the doctor had me put on there looked like a Kraft cheese single. I thought my cheesy finger was rotting away. I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who thinks of things a little extreme when ill.

On an unrelated note, this is Kelly the template lady. ... Not an official title, but a work in progress. Ü Are you sure you want my measley little template? Your's is so stinkin' cute!! I would like to email the template code to you. I just have 2 slight adjustments to make. I can send it to you this evening. Click the "email me" link in my profile. It might not be working just this second, but it will be soon.

Thanks!

Woods said...

Hey, can you believe it? I am making a comment! I can do it all I want now. I just can't tell you how I love this blog thing because I get to see the sweet faces of my niece and nephews. I love your blog, your cute pictures(yes even the one of your swollen face is cute), and your homemaking skills. I need to learn from you. You're amazing. I love you all so so much