Creamy, Tomato Basil Soup

INGREDIENTS
4 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
4 cups tomato juice
14 leaves fresh basil
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup butter
salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS
Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes. Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves, and return the puree to the stock pot.
Place the pot over medium heat, and stir in the heavy cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Do not boil.
*This soup is soooo good, although it is definitely not a low-fat recipe. I am working on slimming it down. It is a nice one to take to someone who needs a meal.
I added cheese filled tortellini (because it didn't have enough calories to start with)! The recipe for the focaccia is at the very bottom of the blog.
Cream Filled Cupcakes

For this recipe I just kind of faked it. Because I also like fast, and easy recipes, I used a chocolate cake mix for the cupcakes. After they were completely cooled I used a pastry bag with a large tip to pipe a mixture of homemade frosting and sweetened whipping cream into the middles. You could also add some cream cheese. I then frosted the tops with homemade chocolate frosting and piped the white swirls. Next time I make these I want to try topping these with ganache, they would look more professional. These were a huge hit with both the adults and the kids.
5 comments:
Thank you Thank you!! I am so sorry for being so annoying about the recipes. They sounded so yummy I wanted to try them out, or at least brag about your creativity. I love your ideas. Thanks again.
Yum! Thanks from me, too. I will try any recipes you post. I have never gone wrong with a food you made. ;)
You are the best! I'm am going to try that tomato basil soup this week. I love it at Macaroni Grill--does it taste like that?!?
Did I mention that only David was vegan? If you have extra yummies, this mama is pregnant and hungry!
Amber_ It is alot like the Macaroni Grills. I love it there too. Tell me what you think.
Post a Comment