I got to go back in time tonight. Back to "mutual" (it's not even called that anymore) and back to the early 90's. Courtney took me to her young women's activity, where we got to apply each others make-up. Courtney went first and did a great job on my make-up. I was next--I just couldn't let this opportunity pass. Earlier in the day I was on a mission, a mission to find blue mascara. This proved extremely difficult to find hmmmmm....I wonder why. After ransacking the make-up isles of several stores I came upon cobalt blue mascara! Jackpot! I also purchased aqua eyeliner, and purple and pink eyeshadow. I am ashamed to say, my pulse quickened, and lots of "rad" memories came flooding back. So when it was my turn to apply Courtney's make-up, I turned her away from the mirror and took her back in time. There were muffled giggles, a few gasps, and a surprised audience of teenagers. Courtney knew something was up, she was excited. I continued to apply. Remember? Half pink, half purple on the eyelids. Aqua liner, cobalt blue mascara, and florescent pink lips. Ring any bells? We all have similar make-up mishaps. Admit it.
I turned Court to the mirror.
Courtney: gasp "Mom, I look good!"
Mom: "What?"
Courtney:"Look how long my eyelashes are."
Mom: "What?"
Mom: "You do understand you will never leave the house like this--Don't you?"
Courtney: dejected "yes mom"
Mom:"This did not go as planned."
I guess a 12 year old is a 12 year old, even when it comes to blue mascara. Let's be honest, what were we thinking in the early 90's? Needless to day this was a fun activity, and a priceless opportunity to spend time with my only daughter. I really love that girl, she has been a source of laughter, fun, goodness, and pleasure her whole life. I enjoy her so much and I feel so blessed to be her mom! Court you are so RAD!
6 comments:
I can't believe you found blue mascara!! What a shocker. I hate to say it, but Court still looks gorgeous with purple and blue on her eyes. She is just too cute!! I think she did a way good job on your make up. It looks very normal. Good Job Court.
Hmm, she does look good. This just goes to show that the REAL horror of the era was the hairspray lacquered, impenetrable wall of bangs.
Loved the post. Laughed a lot. ;)
Remember the eyeshadow things with like 40 colors from Six Star! I think we even did half pink and half blue going side by side too. Oh, why couldn't we have been teenagers in the late nineties! I don't remember the twins and Ashley ever going through a wierd make-up stage in their formative years!!
OH my word, I can't believe how old your kids are getting! That is insane! But Cortney is so cute! As are you!
PS, the last time I went looking for blue mascara, I checked the dollar store, and bingo!
Also, I loved how you totally went all your era on the make-up! That is awesome! I may have to pick me up some aqua liner!
I knew I should have gone to the dollar store first! But I thought that Kmart would be the place to look for 80's/90's items...they seem to be stuck there:)
If you want Grandma Anne's opinion, I say STOP IT NOW! No more of this turning my little Courtney into a grown up girl! Those eyelashes are long and gorgeous enough without any help from blue mascara!
Post a Comment