Monday, September 17, 2007

And The Grand Total is.....

260! That is the number of kids in our primary. Granted, 50 of those are nursery, but over 200 in primary is just too many. Especially when there are 4-5 new kids a week. Do not be mistaken, I LOVE primary. The best part about it is the kids. I love the interaction, the funny things they say, and most of all, their tender little testimonies. Oh, yes even a three year old can have a testimony, and they do! The part that is hard about primary, is figuring out how to manage a group this size, find teachers, scout leaders, activity day leaders, music people etc, etc, etc. And what about staying within a budget that was formulated by last years presidency for a much smaller primary? Not to mention THE PRIMARY PROGRAM! Needless to say not every one will have a speaking part. I think instead of sitting all the kids on the stage, we will have the congregation sit on the stage and the primary can perform in the pews. Ha! I serve with phenomenal people, and I am constantly in awe of their endless abilities and willingness to serve, in a place where it is not always noticed or appreciated. I experience tender mercies from the Lord daily, and somehow everything important gets done and things just come together. At some point the ward will have to split--right? Right? Let's be honest, no matter how many kids there are--there is no place I would rather be.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe that. We have a total of maybe 20 kids. And that is if they all come. I was just called to be the primary chorister and I can't imagine keeping that many kids interested at the same time. Good work.

Also, in your side bar of what you're into lately, is the "wonder body" the lycra thing we all used to play with? If so, do you recall where the name came from? Pretty funny.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

No way! That is so crazy! In our ward in California, I think there was a grand total of 20! We really could use some of yours! So are you in the primary presidency then I'm guessing? You always do so well with every calling you have. You're just amazing!

Cluff Family said...

Emily-- The rebirth of the wonder body has brought back some hilarious memories with the Graham Family!

Polliwog said...

I am in shock. I guess I won't complain about teaching 3 Sunbeams. (Not that I do, but you see my point.)

Thanks for a great example of seeing the glass half full (or overflowing!)

Kelly said...

bless your heart! that's a LOT of kids in primary. we have less than half of that. but you're right - best place to be on a Sunday. most tender and lovely testimonies... even if the fact that one of them is wearing princess undies slips in every once in a while. now, you don't hear that in sacrament meeting!