Friday, September 7, 2007

Baking Obsession

It must be fall in the air, the kids going back to school, boredom, any number of reasons, but I have a small baking obsession. This is not good considering the low carb eating habits I am trying to develop. I just can't help it. I love, love, love to cook, especially bake. If I see a recipe in a book, online, in a store, I need to try it. If it doesn't turn out the first time, I have to try it again and again until I get it right. I always give away the final product. Needless to say, our neighbors don't complain. Maybe someday I will get to culinary school, and become a pastry chef, but until then here are some of the things I'm working on.

CARAMEL AND CHOCOLATE DIPPED PRETZELS


Making the Caramel



The Finished Product


BEST, BIG, FAT CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

These cookies are dropped on the cookie sheet by 1/4 cup fulls!

CRISPY, CREAMY DOUGHNUTS

Letting the doughnuts rise


The doughnuts cooling


The doughnuts being eaten

7 comments:

Emily said...

Everything is making my mouth water. If you need school recommendations in the future, let me know. You'd love it.

Polliwog said...

You and your little baking obsession are evil. :) I am really coveting your neighbors--I guess that makes me evil. Yum, yum, yum. But where are the recipes? Hmmm?

melody said...

Oh yeah, all those treats look so delicious. Man, those cookies are huge! I always make them tiny but next time I will make some big ones. It looks so fun to eat!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Yah I remember your delicious cooking! I wish we lived closer because I love making treats, and even better I love eating them! It was great to talk go you today! Our blog is spennyandnellie.blogspot.com

Amber said...

What on earth!!!!! I've never seen such a cookie. Are they like those pink grandma's cookies that are really 4 servings! Who actually makes doughnuts(I don't know how to spell that!) andyway? Funny that Emily was your first comment on this blog!

Woods said...

Um, you are amazing!! We should try shipping some of those puppies my way so I could tell you if they are ok to send to the neighbors. I think it would be an absolute joy to live even in the same town as you. So do you think I could have the recipes? They look delightful, and so does Carter eating that donut. I love ya love ya. Oh ya do you think maybe we could go to school together? That would make it even more fun with you there.

Cluff Family said...

Ash
We should go to school together, then we could cheat on the tests.

Everyone who wants recipes, stay tuned, I will do a recipe section.