Thursday, April 30, 2009

BiRTHDaY PaRTY




For the Relief Society that is. Our theme was "A Mad Hatter Birthday Party". You know--from Alice in Wonderland. We have the best enrichment leader and committee. You know, when everyone does their part, you can do a lot more. We had the sound track from the movie playing and the colors were bright and fun. The women really loved it. Below are pictures of the awesome night we had a couple of week ago.

I totally got lucky and my sisters happened to be in town (to help cater). They helped us decorate the night before. I found some amazing deals on paper lanterns, which we strung across the ceiling (thanks Cart). We used the brightest colors we could find for paper goods and our amazing enrichment leader punched out large, bright colored, polka dots for the tables. In the center we used apothecary jars filled with candy or cupcake stands. I made all sorts of bright colored cupcakes.

My mom was gracious enough to be our guest speaker that night. She spoke on prioritizing our "Mad" lives. She was so amazing. I have honestly never been more proud of her. I got so many compliments. The ladies love her and really took to heart the things she said. She is an awesome speaker--she was not happy with me for volunteering her for the assignment. She was very worried, but no need--it was neat, really neat. Thanks mom, I definitely owe you. What a fun and successful night. I LOVE planning parties!




















2 comments:

Elder Logan Cottle said...

How cute was that????? Wow now THAT was original. They are very lucky to have you...it was such a treat to see you this weekend! I just adore you!

Bowen Family said...

That is so awesome! You never cease to amaze me. That was very well done. I bet everyone loved that party.