Tuesday, April 7, 2009

He Keeps Us In Stitches


Carter and I were heading up north for a Jacobsen Construction meeting. We were chitty chatting and thoroughly enjoying ourselves when I got a call from my mom. She was in St. George graciously watching the kids while we escaped to snowy northern Utah for a brief moment. We were discussing the care and nurture of the children when I hear bloody murder screaming in the back ground. None of my kids bloody murder scream. I hear mom say "Oh my gosh, did he get hit? With what, What happened, Courtney get some towels." My heart began to race just a little. Courtney gets on the phone "Mom Coop got hit in the head with a golf club." Our wonderful neighbor who is EMT trained rushed over, because he saw it happen and helped my mom figure out what needed to be done. The gash in the forehead needed stitching, but most of all Cooper was acting a little funny so we decided it would be best if we turned around and took him to the ER. Three hours, three stitches, a Popsicle, worried grandparents, a sucker and a new Lego set later, Carter and I were on the road again. Coop is just fine and so is my mom. Have I ever mentioned how amazing and fantastic both of my parents are? They are THE most selfless, giving and wonderful people ever. I am proud to be their daughter everyday and blessed to have them as parents. Thanks mom and dad for being there when we needed you,and sorry about the blood stains!

4 comments:

three pinkies said...

Ouch! Kids are so tough!
When Clay had stiches in his forehead, Kelli P. said to help prevent a big scar to keep it out of the sun so we told him he was a pirate and wrapped a bandana around his head. Oh, and she also said after it heals a bit and the stiches are out to gently rub it to break up the scar tissue.

Kirsten and Cory said...

see what happens when you post a bunch...I end up commenting on all of them. Your parents are awesome and you definately are blessed to have them (but I know they feel the same about their kids too).
I had to tell you our golf ball story...Kolter and Cory have a dimple under their eye when they smile. Well one day, the boys were hitting golf balls with real clubs when they were little (I always knew something would happen you just feel it coming in the pit of your stomach..you know that feeling right). Kolter was too close and beaned Tanner in the face with a golf ball...you guessed it...right under the eye and now Tanner has a dimple when he smiles under his eye to match his dad and brother! Of course I didn't think it was funny at the time...but now every time he smiles...it is sooo cute!! (and makes a great family story)

Bowen Family said...

Oh Coop, I am so sorry. That is the cutest picture. Your blog is awesome Lori. I love Jackson's poster he is so ambitious I love it. He is going to get anything he wants because he isn't afraid. I think that is great. You are rubbing off on him with your talents.

soccerchik02 said...

Hey Coop! We feel so bad about your stiches. Hope you feel better!


From,
John and Oakley