Tuesday, April 7, 2009

When I Grow Up....


So many posts about Jackson...He's our favorite child. Just kidding. It just happens to be his month. For the Blue and Gold Banquet in scouts Jackson was asked to make a poster of what he wanted to be when he grows up. I left this project to him- he left the project until the last minute. Apparently he works well under pressure(like his mother). He got right on the computer and printed out a large picture of a business man in a nice suit. He lopped the head of this poor guy and replaced it with his own (from a school picture). First try- perfect fit. He got out my scrapbook sticker letters and wrote "Jackson Cluff President of Nike" under his picture. He cut out a Nike swoop and placed it neatly behind his businessman head. Done. Seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen. After pack meeting he hung it on his bedroom wall right as you walk in the door. The kid dreams big, and you know what? I would not be one bit surprised if he became the president of Nike. Jackson knows what he wants and he gets it. He showed my dad this poster and my dad thought it was great. He suggested to Jackson that he send a picture of it to the President of Nike, along with a letter telling him he wanted his job. Jackson took this suggestion seriously and wrote a full page letter immediately. He looked up the name of the President of Nike, the address of Nike headquarters and sent it in the mail that day. Boy do I hope someone sees it. Here is the poster.

This is what the letter said:

Dear Mr. Parker, I have a dream that
most people wouldn't expect. I want to be the
same exact thing as you. I want to be the
president of NIKE. As you probably guessed
I am a huge fan of NIKE. Sometimes I just wear
all of my NIKE stuff just for the fun of it, To
prepare for the job I am working hard in school,
trying most sports, and trying lots of NIKE
apparel. I like NIKE and what it stands for.
To me NIKE is a great roll modle and tells
everyone they can be an athlete ("If you have a body,
your and athlete") Enclosed is a picture of a poster
I had to make for Cub scouts the theme was
"When I grow up..." So I decide to make
a poster of me as the NIKE president.
It is now on my wall for me to look at
as a goal to reach. Thanks for being
a great inspiration and roll modle in life.

Jackson Cluff
11 Years Old

4 comments:

michellecluff said...

oh my. jackson is seriously my favorite! I'm in love with this. all of it. he's amazing!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Wow-I truly am impressed! With that attitude at such a young age, he will be there! What a stud!

Kirsten and Cory said...

what a crack up and a smart grandpa for the second idea! ;0) I hope he gets some free Nike stuff for that...he is awesome!

The Owen Family said...

That is incredible. What a good kid!