Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Arrow of Light

It has been forever since I blogged, honestly I am out of the habit. I am trying to spend less time on the computer, and more time doing more important and pressing things. Also, my life is average and boring to the outsider, although to us it is crazy and constantly evolving. The main reason I feel the pull to keep blogging is because it is my scrapbook, I am lazy. I don't scrapbook. I want to start the digital scrap booking, but can't seem to squeeze it in between baseball, scouts, and school demands. So I will attempt to fill in the last few weeks. Most importantly Jackson earned his Arrow of Light. This is the highest award given in cub scouts and his final award before he moved up to the eleven year old scouts. I made him a shadow box with all his awards in it because I wanted his little brothers to know what a big deal it is to earn you scouting awards. Jackson loved it and promptly hung it in his bedroom. I am very proud of Jackson and all the hard work he has put into his scouting, I hope he will continue to see the value of it and work hard to earn his Eagle. May I just say I am even more proud of his mother for surving and enduring three years of cub scouts! I now have four months until we start all over with Bowen. Good Times!



4 comments:

Katrine said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations Jackson! I am having such a hard time making, I mean encouraging, Cameron to work on his Scout goals. Do you have any tips?

Kirsten and Cory said...

I love the shadow box! I think it is great for them to see it all together as a reminder of all of their hard work!

Cluff Family said...

katrine- We work on scouts, Personal Progress and Faith in God every Sunday. The kids are bored anyway and it checks it off my guilty list for the rest of the week.

Bowen Family said...

Go Jackson! Scouts is Awesome! That shadow box is great. Congratulations Jack.