Monday, April 27, 2009

Catering To Your Every Need.....


That is what has been keeping me busy. Catering. A lady from my ward emailed me a month ago asking if I would be interested in catering a lunch at a doctors office. I thought long and hard about it and agreed. My mom and sisters came all the way to St. George to help me the night before and the day of. They were amazing and left me wondering if I could ever pull it off by myself.

The Menu(chosen by the staff): Shredded honey ham sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, strawberry poppy seed salad, asparagus pasta salad, grapes and 4 different flavors of cupcakes. It went over very well, before I was even home they had emailed me saying "thanks for making us look so good (they provided lunch for another office), and would you be interested in doing it again in two weeks? So that is where I have been this morning, catering again. On the Menu: BBQ beef sandwiches, homemade foccacia with a meat and cheese tray, asparagus and pasta salad, grapes, PB bars and lemon coconut bars (I tried a new recipe and it was soooo good).

I have to say it felt so rewarding to do something I love and get paid for it, but even more than that I felt so great to be recognized and appreciated by so many. When I cook for my family the compliments are few and far between! I am growing in confidence and each time I cater I feel more comfortable. I have been making at least 5 dozen cupcakes a week and several other desserts orders as well. Who knows, this could turn into something big!

Thanks to my mom, Ashley and Jackie for helping me get my feet wet. You are the most supportive family ever and I love you for it!

PS I totally failed to mention my favorite brother Nate. He currently works for Pfizer as a drug rep. He has to take catered lunches to Dr's offices on a regular basis. I have called him practically everyday for advice. He has given me so many good ideas and so much help. Added bonus: I get to talk to my brother almost everyday! Thanks Nate!

9 comments:

The Owen Family said...

I soooo remember your PB bars and love them. I would love a plate of those, right now! Your excellent...

Woods said...

Oh, I wish I could hire you to cook and bake for me everyday of my life!! I love your amazing food and especiall your flippin' amazing cupcakes!!

Rarely David usually Lisa said...

Why are you at all surprised at that? We all know you can do all of that with your eyes closed. I just want recipes posted since I can't taste it all the way up here.

Move over Mary Crafts and Paula Dean. Here you come! Way to go!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Good for you! I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turned into something big! I wish I lived closer-I would love you help you out and learn a lot from you in the process. Good job and good luck!

three pinkies said...

That's great, way to go!!! It's good to know there are people out there who enjoy cooking to make up for those of us who don't (me!).

Kirsten and Cory said...

WOW...look at how great it all looks! Good for you,bad for me (I just started a new diet today and my mouth is literally watering).
I am soo impressed!

Nelson & Valerie Cluff said...

sounds fun....well, not really. But I am glad you get to make money doing what you are good at and enjoy. If only we all could right?

Anonymous said...

You always do amazing food!! Sounds like we need to get you a food handlers permit, business cards and a web site!! :)

Bowen Family said...

Wow! I would hire you to cater all of my lunches and maybe a few for other people as well!