Thursday, April 16, 2009

Amazing Response!

If you remember from this post, Jackson wrote to the President and CEO of Nike, Mark Parker. He basically let him know he wanted his job someday and sent him a picture of a poster he made. I thought that would be the last of it, but I guess the letter caught someones eye because it ended up on Mr.Parker's desk.


Yesterday the FEDEX man rang our doorbell, and lo and behold there was a package from NIKE headquarters. Amazingly, Mr. Parker sent Jackson a handwritten letter on his personal NIKE letterhead. He also sent him a notebook to start his NIKE designs in, a couple of design booklets and some mini replicas of classic NIKE shoes. You should have seen the excitement in our house. We were all so excited for Jackson! I was thoroughly impressed that a man as busy as Mr. Parker would take the time to write such and motivational letter to Jackson. I for one will be buying NIKE products FOREVER!


I think Jackson is more motivated than ever. I just hope he will remember the little people, just like Mr. Parker.










6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Do you think Jackson could help me land a job with Nike?

Bowen Family said...

Holy Smokes Jack! That is some cool looking stuff. Way to go. You will be a great Nike president.

Reynolds Family said...

How awesome is that? I remember in my primary class when I was nine we had to write a letter to someone we admired and everyone wrote to their parents and I wrote to president Reagan and actually got a response. I thought that was so awesome and it wasn't even hand written. I bet Jackson thinks he's pretty hot stuff-he is of course.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Wow-that's so great! That's awesome that such a busy man would take the time to write a hand written letter and send some cool stuff. I have no doubt Jackson will go far in life! Way to go!

The Owen Family said...

That is so AMAZING!!! What a great kid you have on your hands... I am in tears literally, I don't know why but that is so awesome...Tell him congratulations for me!

Katrine said...

That is so cool!