Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Jack!

During the craziness of teacher appreciation week our boy turned ELEVEN, yes ELEVEN! All Jackson wanted was a paintball gun. I am not a lover of guns, but I do have three boys and a husband that qualifies as the fourth. Because of this fact I have had to relax my stance on weapons quite a bit. You know, from "don't aim that at ANYONE!" to "Make sure you are at least twenty feet from your brother when you shoot him." To " Give me that gun and I will give you a three second head start." Don't judge me. Any way we told Jack that if he wanted a gun he would not get a friend party and he would have to use all his birthday money that everyone gave him to pitch in. Paintball guns are not cheap. He wholeheartedly agreed and we took a trip to the homemade violin/paintball/food storage store. Don't ask.
Here's the little guy is on birthday morning brandishing his new weapon. I'm so proud.
PS this is Jackson REALLY REALLY excited . Looks alot like Carter REALLY REALLY excited.
This is a picture of Jackson and his best friend Garrett. If you will recall Garrett and his dad took Jackson to the Dallas Cowboys game in December. Jackson and Garrett are two peas in a pod. Garrett's mom took pity on Jackson not having a party and invited us all over for an afternoon of paintballing. They live on five beautiful acres with plenty of places to hide and play.

We had a wonderful day of BBQ and fun. We love the Hafen's and really appreciate all they do for Jackson, because let's face it, two eleven year old boys who know everything is not always easy to stomach!

Jackson is a great kid. He is the spice of our family. Every school teacher he has ever had has commented on his quick wit and funny sense of humor. He is competitive and determined. He is my boy. He never ever leaves the house without telling me he loves me. He sits on my lap, lets me rub his head and puts his arms around me. I don't know how long that can last, so I am soaking in every minute of it. Jackson is a wonderful student, he plays the piano,and every sport. He won't want you to know, but he is a fantastic reader and loves to read. Happy eleventh Jackson, quit growing up- I want you to be my little boy forever!

6 comments:

Teri said...

Wow happy birthday Jack!

I've had to relax about guns too when I married Rich. I've always felt uneasy about the guns he has in the basement! But I know that Rich is looking forward to the day when he can buy our boys their first gun.

Woods said...

He is such a stud! I know all the ladies are loving him!! Happy Birthday Jack! We love you tons!!

The Owen Family said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! I miss you guys....

Teish and Tan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKSON! Holy crap i didnt know you were already turning eleven! WOW!

Lisa Hartle said...

Happy birthday Jackson! Lori I totally get what you are saying about our little men-I've got one a lot like yours, I cry every time I go to a farewell just because I can't imagine being with out my boy for 2 years!

soccerchik02 said...

Why would you put Garret on the blog? He is a dork!!


From,
Justine