Thursday, December 18, 2008

What Happens When it Snows in St. George!

This is what it looked like last night when we got the call from the school district that all Washington County schools would be closed today.



This is what it looked like when we woke up this morning. Notice the hodge podge of winter clothing we have. Pathetic. We used to be so winter savvy. No more. This is our third winter here and we have never needed snow clothes. So I don't buy them.







We had a yummy "snow day" breakfast. We had french toast with caramel sauce and hot chocolate with marshmallows. We are still in our jammies and listening to Christmas music. Perfect.


This little man is even more delicious the the caramel french toast!

13 comments:

Katrine said...

What a fun day! We got our first snow fall in Texas after living here for 12 years. Very fun!

Woods said...

Yes he is yummy! I love that boy. I can't believe you got snow and that school was canceled how fun. Snow just makes the holidays even better!

The Owen Family said...

Sounds like our neck of the woods this week. School was delayed monday, Trae went skiing on wed, thurs/today school was cancelled and I am pretty sure it will be cancelled for tomorrow as well. People here have NO idea how to clean up the snow or DRIVE in the snow.... We had just about as much snow as you did in St.George. Your kids are getting so big and are VERY handsome. I will call you about Christmas time, I am just slow....

Ming said...

When I die I want to come back as one of Lori's kids....french toast with caramel sauce...what?!

David Cluff Photography said...

Don't woory about "Winter Clothes".
Missouri is just the same only funner to see others even try.:)
DC

Emily said...

I just wanted to let you know that I used your shredded ham recipe for my Christmas party and everyone was raving. I told them I got it from your blog. Thanks for the great recipe.

Katrine said...

Lori, I've password protected my blog. I can't find your email so if you want access to my blog, let me know! katrine3 at sbcglobal dot net

Rarely David usually Lisa said...

I'm so glad you took pics. Who knows if you'll ever see snow there again.

*ALLYSSA* said...

Cute Christmas pictures. Can't believe it snowed that much in St. George! Too bad, you guys have to wear these winter clothes this time.

Unknown said...

I finally found you blog HOORAY! This is Jessica (fotheringham) by the way. I can't believe how grown up your kids are- it's kind of freaking me out. I'm dying to take their pictures! We need to get together for lunch or something sometime.

Elder Logan Cottle said...

How fun to have snow! I loved the snow in December but now it can go BYE BYE.

Christensen family said...

Your blog is darling! I loved your Christmas decor! And your kids are so cute! I am sooo excited to be back in touch with you.

Carrick family said...

Hey Lori! It is me, Shellee Carrick (Lundgren). I found you throught my neighbor, Teri Stowe's blogger. How are you? Your family are cute! Email me at shellee.carrick@gmail.com.