Letting the kids decorate their own little Christmas tress is one our favorite traditions. I let them do it before before all I get out all the other decorations. They use their imaginations, their stuff, and the $5.00 I give them each year to decorate. This year Jackson did a repeat of last years Colt's tree. It has his prized football cards, his pennants, little blue ornaments we painted the Colt's logo on, and tiny horseshoes cut out of card stock. his jersey is the skirt and his hat is the star. He's a creative little guy. He added blue candy canes.


Courtney did a colorful candy tree. Hot pink, blue, and lime green. She has color coordinating glass balls, ribbon, candy canes, paper chains, and candy necklaces,


Bowen and Cooper wanted a Star Wars tree, so we put stars, tiny glow sticks (light sabers), the Star Wars Logo, and all their Star Wars guys. It is cool!
7 comments:
Those are so ADORABLE..I remember when I lived with you and Courtney had her own tree in her room, I loved that idea so much that I started that same thing. However my kids put all the yearly ornaments they get and ornaments from grandmas or whomever on their tree. (some people think I am mean that I dont let me kids decorate MY tree) It's not nearly as cute as your kids. But good enough. I love that you give them 5 dollars to add new stuff to there trees. Good Job Kids and Mom!
What creative grandchildren I have! I think all three trees are amazing! Christmas is always fun at the Cluff house!
What a great idea! I love it! When my kids get big I think I am going to have to remember to do this. Their trees look so good too! very cute!
Too cute! Now I thought Jackson was a fellow Cowboy fan? Tell him to have a blast at the game regardless! Kenton can't wait!
That is such a fun tradition! My my you are such a creative genius! I might have to steal your creative idea someday. Wish we could see you and your cute family again! Someday... :)
So cute!! You're such a cool Mom! I love the idea of posting Mom's 12 days of Christmas presents. So fun!
What a great idea! Now I know what to do with all of my pencil pine trees in the basement! Except I have one that won't know whether to do BYU or Colts...maybe a combination!
Post a Comment