Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"Sew" What?


Since when do I sew? Apparently it is my new hobby. I just got the bug one day. I have sewn before, but I have never been officially "taught" how, I just kind of figure things out on my own. Which in translation means- don't look to close. I saw some vintage aprons online one day, and I thought, "hmmmm...I think I could sew those." So I tried. Anyone who knows how to sew knows this is a very simple project. Not that impressive. I found this cute fabric at Deseret Book for 1/2 off, and I just had to try. I thought these would be great friend gifts for christmas. My mom has been working on a family cookbook and these would compliment it perfectly. So if you're reading this, you might now know what you are getting for christmas. I am having a great time testing my abilites and unpicking seam after seam after seam. The first apron I made had slight gathering at the waist. That would be fine except for I have always been gifted in the hip area. Ruffles + Hips = Bigger hips. Not good. I absolutly love the fabric though. Next, I tried one for Courtney. She wants to sew them for her girlfriends for christmas too. I left out the gathers and I did long ties so you could tie it around front or in back. I liked it much better. I don't dig the fabric Courtney picked out, so I'm anxious to try one on some cuter fabric. I have three other sewing projects I am working on...so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Woods said...

I love both of them, and I especially love the present idea! How creative!! Oh I tried to find the burp rag and I couldn't, but I will look in a few other places tommorrow. Sorry! Love you lots.

Amber said...

Very cute. I love the fabric too! Look at you and your hobbies! You always have been so crafty and such.

Anonymous said...

You are too much! Everyone loves a good homemade gift, especially when it is as neat as that!

DawnTreader said...

I think Carter will look good in all of those.