Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Northern Exposure
















Our family just returned from visiting up north. We had such a good time. It is fun and exciting to see everyone. It is always diffficult to come home and adjust to "real life". My mom is the best hostess. She is a great cook and always makes it challenging to "be good." My kids enjoy having breakfast at "Grandma's Restaurant", and are severely disappointed that there is no such thing as "Mom's Restaurant" when we return home. We always visit Grandma Richards. She is now 97 years old, and I thought she looked so great this trip. She is so bright and fun to visit with. My kids adore her and she always loves on them. I cannot believe how amazing she is. She was telling me how she visits the temple once a month, about her gospel doctrine class, her branch and her friends at the Charleston. She is such a fine example of enduring well. She is so faithful. We just love our Grandma! I feel so blessed that my children have the priviledge of knowing thier great grandma. While we were there we visited the Hanson Planetarium, the Children's Museum, Krispy Kreme, and the gateway.















These are all great places to go, especially because we don't have anything like them in St. George. I think that is a good thing, as I sit and balance the old checkbook. One of the highlights of the trip was our "girls day" with my mom and sisters. Courtney tended for us, great girl that she is. We went to lunch at a place in Salt Lake called Les Madeleine's, it is a little french bistro and bakery. It is famous for it's pastries and award winning pastry chef. This was particularly exciting for me because of my love of baking (especially pastries). They had some awesome desserts, and we tried a few new things. I came home with some new ideas to experiment with. After lunch we headed to Gygi's for some culinary shopping. I could have stayed there all day! Gygi's is one of my favorite stores in the world. They have anything and everything you need for the kitchen. I stocked up on dipping chocolate, parchment paper, doughnut cutters, cute food gift boxes,and a few other goodies. Then we were on our way to Tai Pan, that store is ginormous (that word is now in the dictionary)! They have their Christmas trees out and decorated, so it was fun to get some new ideas. It was a fun day and made me a little sad to realize how much I miss my mom and sisters. While we were in northern Utah we also visited Carter's mom and dad in their new house. It was a great house and seemed to fit them so well. Northern Utah was ablaze with brilliant fall colors, it was beautiful. Needless to say, we made some wonderful memories this weekend, and I will be behind on the laundry for a month.

3 comments:

Woods said...

I already miss you guys. It doesn't feel like you were even here. I love all of your kids, they are so sweet and took such good care of G and west. I loved the girls night also. Don't worry, we don't do many of those without you. I love ya!

The Owen Family said...

I think that I might have finally figured this out. Your kids are so big and cute, I'm sad that I didnt get to see you before we left. However I will hold you to your promise of visiting me in Washington. I made a blog spot for my family finally, michaelowenfamily.blogspot.com I dont really know the ropes yet How do you make the pictures smaller to go with your paragraph, my pictures are huge. I want the pictures in with the wording?
Love ya, Jamie

Amber said...

Sounds like fun with the fam! I've always liked Anne's restraunt too! We had a delish dessert in Hawaii...Pineapple macadamia nut cheesecake. I took a picture for you and Emily so you could figure out how to make it for us all! One of these days I will blog about it!