Can you believe it! Time surely does fly when you're having fun. Cooper was born on "Octover 26" (as he likes to say it) 2003. He was born five weeks early, which I thought was a brilliant idea -at first. Brilliant that is, until I found myself surrounded by respiratory therapists and NICU doctors in the delivery room. Cooper entered the world in a whirlwind, and was whisked off to the NICU. He was cute right from the start. He was tiny, had dimples and the most clear blue eyes you have ever seen. Watching him struggle the first few days of his life, was honestly one of the most frightening and trying things I have experienced. He quickly recovered and we were overjoyed to bring him home. He was an easy, happy baby. He is calm, like his dad, happy and funny. This kid quotes Nacho Libre, Brian Reagan, and anything else that strikes him funny. Even at three, he really gets sarcasm. He cracks us up. I go shopping with some ladies in our ward, whose children are all grown. I always drag Coop along. He says " I wuuuuv shopping with the yadies." They love shopping with him too, they can't believe how he just sits quietly and enjoys himself. I really wanted Cooper to be a girl, I am so glad he was Cooper instead. For his birthday we had to make a quick trip up north, so when we arrived at Grandma Bowen's she had balloons, and cupcakes all ready for Cooper. We got to party with all the Bowen cousins. Later, we visited Build-a-Bear, where Cooper, without hesitation picked a turtle in a Jazz uniform. He has not put it away since. We had such a fun time. I think we enjoy Cooper so much because he is number four, maybe it is neglect, maybe we have calmed down, whatever it is, we all love him. Happy Birthday Super Cooper!
3 comments:
Yay, happy birthday to Cooper! I was just thinking this must have been a busy week for you, since there hasn't been a new post in awhile. Maybe you need a topic, so here you go--you've been TAGGED. (So very sorry if you've had this before, but I love reading your blog and all your cool family stuff). Anyway, check out my post today (Sunday) for rules. Love ya!
Hope you had a great birthday Cooper--My favorite slime guy. Come play again.
What a cute boy. I can't believe how old he is already. It was fun to talk to you the other day. I'm sure Todd will be coming down your way this winter during his seasonal depression month. Maybe I can come along and go shopping with you, Cooper and the yadies!
Post a Comment