On Wednesday night some of those friends threw me a beautiful baby shower. I felt like I shouldn't have a shower this being baby number five and all, but these lovely ladies insisted and I felt so loved. It was a wonderful event full of friends, more gourmet food than you can imagine, laughter and wonderful gifts, too many wonderful gifts. The most wonderful part of the shower? My mom showing up on my doorstep that morning as a surprise guest at the shower. Can you believe it? A four hour drive just to be with me on such a special occasion. I don't deserve her, I really don't. I am still drifting on cloud nine. It reminded me that I should try harder to make the people around me feel special too.
"Never suppress a generous thought" -Camilla Kimball
2 comments:
How fun, I am glad there are people there insisting you have a shower. You completely deserve one and I'm sure need one. You didn't keep anything for a baby. Her room is adorable and we are antsy too. Good luck with the last few moments of the pregnancy!
Oops! from Heather
Post a Comment