Saturday, March 1, 2008

Pure Deelishisness

Here is a recipe I stumbled upon from allrecipes. com (love that sight). I made it for book club this month and it went over well. My kids also loved it. It would be a great summertime treat. Here is the recipe with a few of my own changes.

FRUIT SALSA and CINNAMON CHIPS

INGREDIENTS
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 pound strawberries
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor

10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 cups cinnamon sugar


DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.


In the original recipe it has a tablespoon of brown sugar and two tablespoons of white sugar in the fruit salsa. I thought it was plenty sweet without the extra sugar so I left it out. The original recipe also calls of golden delicious apples, but several of the reviewers said if you use Fuji apples they do not brown. I think any apple would work, but I did hold off on cutting the apples until I was about ready to serve it. I used the uncooked tortillas from Costco and they were amazing! I sprayed them with "I can't believe It's Not Butter" on both sides then stacked up about 5 and cut them with a pizza cutter. They baked for about 8-9 minutes and tasted just like real tortilla chips, but sweet. You could use any combination of fruit or fruit preserves. This will be a fun recipe to play around with.

3 comments:

Woods said...

I can't wait to try this recipe. Maybe you could show me how to make it when we come down. I'm so excited to see you and your sweet kiddies!!!

Nelson & Valerie Cluff said...

um...why don't you just make a separate food blog....that would be helpful....then I can just go to that website for all your delicious recipes. Think about it, it would be easier for your fans. :)

michellecluff said...

That's so funny, I just made the same thing last week. So GOOD! The recipe I used called for jalapenos and yellos peppers as well so it gave it a little kick. Big fan!