Wednesday, February 20, 2008

1990 Called, It Wants its Dress Back


Our ward had a dance for Valentine's Day. So a friend and I decided to go to the DI and find old prom dresses to wear. No, it wasn't a dress up event, yes, we dressed up anyway. We spent a good hour at the DI (the most under rated store in St. George). It was a blast. I found the cute pink number pictured below. Man did it take me back. I found white nylons and white high heels and dug out my old silver hoops. Carter found a white jacket and green polyester pants. The white leisure shoes topped off his outfit perfectly. I crimped my hair and curled my bangs just like I did in ninth grade. Pink and Blue eyeshadow, aqua eyeliner, and blue mascara finished the look off nicely. I swear that I am not exaggerating when I say I took one look in the mirror and thought "Lori, there you are! Where have you been for the past 13 years?" Sad huh? Man was the dress snug though. Needless to say, not all of me was the same. Seriously it was one of the funnest nights I have had in a long time. We danced for hours, just like in highschool (sorry mom, I did pull out a few of my old moves). I'm sure it was not pretty, but boy was it fun. At the end of the night we were cleaning up. I was tired of pulling and tugging at my tight prom dress. I bent over to pick up some garbage, and I kid you not, POP POP POP! Yes, my entire right side seam burst open with a sigh of relief. Needless to say, I rounded up Carter, aka Don Johnson, and sped for the car. It was a good reminder for me that we should remember to have fun, let loose and always, always remember the 90's.

9 comments:

jamie said...

That is so hilarious! It totally made me start to laugh, Trae looked at and asked me what I was laughing at? He must of thought that I was laughing at him. You look so slim and cute even in your old school dress. Somebody was hanging on to that dress for along time if you recently found that at DI. Sounds like alot of fun. Our ward is doing some type of mystery dinner thing on saturday, adult only so it should be fun!!

New Lewis Happenings said...

Awesome dress and even more awesome HAIR!!!! How fun!!

Amber said...

I can't believe your bangs! That is exactly how I remember you! I laughed out loud--you and Carter are so funny and a little crazy! That really took me back to my actual prom dress. Did you know that Me and Jason are in the Cory Adams backdrop book. The twins were picking out stuff for one of the Lone Pead dances and there I was: lacy pink dress, big bangs, braces, skinny date with huge glasses and all. How utterly embarassing! Not one of my finest moments. I am totally way cuter now, even with wrinkles!

Katrine said...

You do love me!! I'm happy to be here.

You even got the bangs! Good memories. I've been trying to explain to Madison how we got the bangs to work and she can't even imagine why we would do that!

Woods said...

Are you kidding me?? At first I thought that was really a picture of you and Cart back in 1990. I was confused, oh that is hilarious. I love how you are always doing something crazy and fun. You know, that dress that you're wearing isn't supposed to be flattering, but you look really skinny. Way to pull of the old school outfits. I love Cart in the sweet jacket, it fits him perfectly.

Polliwog said...

You look just like you did in high school! How did you pull that off, you lucky girl? What fun!

michellecluff said...

Oh my, you are hideously gorgeous!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun night. Dressing up makes everything more fun! The best was Carter's mustache, he should rock that all of the time!

Emily said...

Thanks for inviting me! I am going to have fun catching up. Looks like a lot of fun things are going on.

Oh and, nice outfit.