We are back from our fun filled week in Southern California. Over here! I am the one under six feet of damp, sandy laundry. It was worth it. Our kids were the perfect age for Disneyland. They loved every minute of it. They never got tired, that was me, sitting on every nearby bench. Cooper was exactly 40 inches tall which meant that he could ride almost everything and he did. Space and Splash Mountain were his favorite.
Carter Snapped this picture on his phone when they got of the ride. I love it.All of the kids were daredevils. They rode the fastest and scariest rides over and over. Cooper and I made sure all of the snacks and treats still tasted the same as the last time we were there. They did. We chose an awesome time to go, the weather was warm and the crowds were small. Perfect.
We spent three days in Disney, then headed to San Diego. The first day there we went to the beach. This was the first time any of my kids had been to the ocean. They loved every minute of it. They built castles, looked for sea shells and dodged chilly waves. If I am being perfectly honest I am going to have to say that sand makes me very uncomfortable. I like it on the toes. That is the only place I enjoy it. I hate sandy towels, bathing suits, legs, hands and food. Maybe when I take up surfing I will learn to appreciate it.
The next day we went to Sea World. It has greatly improved since my senior year in high school. The shows are amazing. Bowen even got chosen to help out in the Seymore and Clyde show. He was nervous, but loved it. Everything there is so interactive. The kids could touch so many of the animals and experience things they would never get to experience elsewhere. We really enjoyed our day in Sea World.
It was so fun to leave our worries behind and really spend time together. We feel blessed to have had this opportunity and wonderful memories together.
5 comments:
Oh wow!! I'm so jealous right now!! It looks like you all had a blast. We absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Disneyland!! I'm so glad you had a good experience. Sometimes the lines at Disneyland can be a bit overwhelming!! And I have to agree with you on the improvements at Sea World. It's WAY better than it used to be!
Looks like so much fun. We went a few years ago around Halloween and it was warm but overcast and there were no lines it was great! You know if you come visit me we could go to the ocean to! :)You all look so cute, you have such an adorable family!!!!
Oh, I want to go so bad now. All of the pictures make me jealous, and they really make me miss those cute little kiddies. I still can't get over Cooper and his braveness. I wish we could have been there with you. We love you and hope you are doing well.
I guess if we couldn't be there the next best thing is seeing the pictures of all the fun things you did. Disneyland is definitely one of my happiest places on earth!
Yay for the fun times! You got some darling pictures. My kids loved Sea World too when we went a couple years ago. We are going to Disney on Thursday, probably not a good time since Spring Break starts the following Monday, but oh well. I can't wait to get to the beach! It is always our favorite. I can't believe your kids had never been--craziness!
Post a Comment