Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Never Kick A Skunk


Maybe it is because our house is overrun with adventurous boys. Perhaps it is because they rarely smell good, even after a nice long shower. It could be because Court is currently obsessed with smelling "pretty". Or it could be we like living on the edge. Whatever the case may be, we had a very successful Family Home Evening last night. I found this cute lesson here. It was based on this talk by Elder Jones of the Seventy titled "Overcoming the Stench of Sin". My kids favorite line in the talk? "If I had responded to my conscience when it first whispered that the prank was wrong, I would have avoided the whole stinking ordeal." Go figure. I downloaded a picture of a skunk and made smaller versions for the kids. Needless to say Carter had plenty of entertaining skunk stories. For some reason all of the kids grasped this concept of choices and consequences (skunk style). I think there is something to be said about gearing gospel teaching to your children's interests and needs. At the end of the lesson I had them write on their papers something to remind them about the consequences of sin. Here is what we ended up with--those clever kids. They make me laugh. It was a wonderful, albeit rare, cheerful Family Home Evening.



4 comments:

Woods said...

hey thanks for letting us hang with you all week. i hope it wasn't too long for you. thith blog lookth like..........

Amber said...

Silly kids! They will definately never forget that lesson, which is the point, right? Great job! I hope you had fun at Disneyland. I can't wait to hear all about it!

*ALLYSSA* said...

Cute FHE lesson! I was laughing at the skunk pics. I could use that for our next FHE lesson. Three months ago, our family went to Disneyland and San Diego trip for Christmas. There are plenty things your family can do in San Diego. I would recommend on going to Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Legoland, San Diego temple, San Diego NFL stadium, and you guys can go to Mexico which is only like 30 minutes away. You guys will need passports including children to get into Mexcio. That recipe, Fruit Salsa and Cinnimon Chips. I got that recipe from www.allrecipe.com like months ago. Yum!

Anne Bowen said...

Those amazing children of yours are very clever. It must be an inherited trait from the Cluffs, they didn't get it from our side! J/K, their mom is pretty clever too!