Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy Birthday To My Greatest Catch!


We celebrated Carter's 37th birthday yesterday! Wow we are getting old babe. It was stake conference this weekend so he went to priesthood leadership on Sat afternoon, then we went to the adult session on Saturday evening followed by a delicious Outback dinner. Sunday consisted of stake conference, a yummy dinner, long naps and a delicious pumpkin dessert (Carter likes anything pumpkin). It was not an eventful day, but that is how Carter likes things-low key, just like he is.

I know its overkill, but I have to gush, I just have to. Carter is calm, quiet, funny, and cheerful. I honestly don't know what he is like grumpy--we just don't see it. What a gift. If only I shared it. He works harder than anyone I know at his job and at his church calling. But I think he works the hardest at being a good father and a great husband. He is not perfect, but he is perfect for us. We love you Carter and can't wait to celebrate more birthdays with you.

2 comments:

Bowen Family said...

Happy Birthday Carter! We love you too. Lori you really did marry a great guy. You guys have done an amazing job with your family and each other. Love ya!

Anne Bowen said...

This is late...but I have to agree! You got a great catch when you you caught Carter. He's a wonderful blessing in all of our lives.