
Courtney has always been a good, nice girl. She has always been particularly close to the Spirit and interested in the Gospel. Last night was our wards Young Women in Excellence night. Each girl was asked to pick a value and present a two minute talk on how it has straightened her throughout the year. Courtney picked faith. She kept telling me she needed to write this little talk, but we never sat down to do it. We didn't, but she did. One day she was babysitting for a neighbor into the wee hours of the morning, and so after she put the kids to bed she wrote her talk. I never saw it, but hoped it would be okay. It was. I wanted to write it down here because I thought she did such a wonderful job, and I want it recorded for her to look at when her life gets hard. I know that as Courtney faces challenges in her life, that most certainly will come, she will have a strong foundation to draw upon. I have to admit my heart swelled with gratitude and admiration as I listened to her last night. She is far above me at her age..I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for our Courtney.
My Faith
My Faith
Courtney Cluff
In Alma 32:21 it says "Faith is not to have perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not see which are true" Faith is the foundation of my testimony. While working on my faith value my testimony was strengthened. I gained a testimony of my Savior and his love for me. While reading in Helaman I read about the Savior. He is the only sure foundation on which we can rely. He loves us and knows us personally. He cares about us and wants us to be happy. I also gained a greater understanding of theBook of Mormon. In Mosiah 10:4 it tells us that if we ask God witha sincere heart and a contrite spirit he will manifest it unto us by the power of the Holy Ghost. I found this to be true. I read the Book of Mormon and prayed to know if it was true. I felt the Holy Ghost testify that it was true. I am grateful that I was able to complete this value and gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon.
5 comments:
What a sweet girl! I can hardly believe she is that old...
She's such a sweetheart. Being so close to the spirit at her age will take her far in life. I have no doubt the Lord has some special jobs in store for her. Not to mention-she's going to be quite the catch...and soon!
Courtney is amazing, she always has been and you can tell she always will be an exceptional young woman.
She is such a good girl and I am so glad that Tianna is friends with her!
Wow! She is amazing!
Post a Comment