One of our good friends had a surprise 30th birthday for her husband last night. It was in a cool old theatre in downtown St. George. I did the cupcakes for the shindig. They turned out better than I hoped. Here are the flavors I tried this time.
Double Chocolate- Chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream
Double Vanilla- Vanilla bean cake with vanilla bean butter cream
Carter's Classic- Vanilla bean cake with chocolate butter cream
Coconut- Coconut cake with coconut creme filling topped with coconut butter cream and toasted coconut.
Strawberry Shortcake- White cake with cream filling and fresh strawberry butter cream
Lemon- White cake filled with lemon curd and topped with a lightly flavored lemon butter cream
Carter make me this cool three level stand for the cupcakes. I can flip all the pieces over to make the whole thing white. We ended up not using it because the serving counters were already to high.
This was a fun little project. I love making cupcakes. Some how I ended up on on stage doing a little karaoke (to much butter cream). I think everyone would agree, I should definatly stick to baking.
8 comments:
I wish you'd stick to baking anytime I'm around. Those little suckers look amazing.
are those in sacrament cups?? I wish I loved (and was good at) baking like you.
Michelle- Deifinatly not sacrament cups. I'm not quite that sacreligious (sp?). They are more like large nut cups/
What we really want to see is you doing some Karaoke! Excellent job on the cupcakes!!
I can't believe you made all of those! And I can't believe all of the fun flavors you did. You should let me know which one was the very best or most popular! I can't wait to try them. YUM!!
I have three questions....
1. Are you going to post your recipes?
2. Are you going to make those for us when you come up for the
24th of July?
3. Are you CRAZY? (I'm referring to the large quatity baking, not the karaoke!)
Wow you are one baker and hope your kids dont get the sweet tooth:).
oooh, yes, cupcakes on the 24th. I am crossing my fingers AND holding my breath. And I guess your mom answered my previous question of if you're coming. Yay!
Post a Comment