In other news, Cooper learned how to ride his bike without training wheels. This is a big deal, because #1 he is my baby, and #2 he is just three. He is an amazing little guy. He wants to be big like the other kids so he is. This riding the bike thing has given him a new found freedom. The first thing he does in the morning is put on his shoes and his helmet and asks to go outside. Too bad mean old mom makes him do his chores first (great leverage).

My birthday was on the 21st. It was a great day filled with calls and presents from friends and family, lunch with my kids, and an hour in the bookstore just wandering (one of my all time favorite things to do). Carter came home with some ginormous balloons. I am going to Vegas this weekend with some friends so he put some cash in the balloons for me to spend. He took me to Twenty Five Main, a new little cupcake shop/Cafe for dinner. I love this place because it is a lot like a place I would like to open. Carter always works hard to make my birthday special. Thanks Cart! When we returned home Courtney had decorated and made a cake. She is the best. Thank you to all those who made my day so special. I am so blessed to have such great friends and family in my life.


On the 23rd of July our Bowen(aka Bo Jangles) turned 7! We had a whirlwind day with a trip to Jumpin Jacks and a Skateboard cake. He got a BB gun and a Wave. He is a pleasant little guy. He is very conscientious and a little bit of a perfectionist. He is a peacemaker in our home. He has a very good memory and so I have to be careful what I say around him. He is low key and has a hilarious sense of humor. I love you Bowen. You have make my life fuller, funner and brighter.


On Bowen's birthday we went up north to visit for Grandma Bowen and Grandma Richard's birthdays. They were both born on the 24th of July. Seriously. We had our annual shindig at Aunt Rosemary's (my moms sisters) house. We swam and ate and visited. It is always fun to see so much extended family, but especially nice to see Aunt Rose and her family. They crack me up. Grandma Richards turned 98. She is truly amazing. She is as sharp as a tack. She knows my kids and what they are up to she memorizes scriptures, reads, taught herself how to play the organ, she is still a visiting teacher for our church. She is a shining example to me and always has been. She is a righteous and faithful soul who has taught more people by her example than anyone I know. She is my hero and I hope to make her proud.
For Grandma Bowen's birthday we met a Highland Park for food, games and presents, Grandma Bowen has been a widow for a few years now and she is getting along so well. She is a blast. She is a practical joker and no matter how old she gets, she tries new and fun things with all of us. She has taught us fun games. I remember once she took Nate and I upstairs and buttered our faces and used toast crumbs to smash on our cheeks so we looked like we had beards. She also makes THE BEST sourdough pancakes I have ever had. She has a start in her fridge from who knows how long ago. She is amazing. Happy birthday to two amazing women in my life.
Well that about wraps it up for out July. School starts August 12, yes August 12. I have a few more moments with my kids and then back to the grind, I will miss them---kind of.
3 comments:
It was really fun to see you! Courtney is so beautiful and grown up and your boys are all so darling!
Happy Birthday!!! I actually still have this on my calender, but of course I didnt make the call. So Happy Birthday from me... You look GREAT!!!!
WOW! I wish I could have been home for all of the festivities! Garrett just asked me why he didn't get a skateboard cake. I'm glad you had a good birthday.
Post a Comment