Monday, November 26, 2007

A Bountiful Weekend

We just returned from a wonderful thanksgiving visit home. It is always so fun to be with friends and family. On Wednesday afternoon we went to our traditional pre-thanksgiving movie with all of my siblings, their kids and grandma and grandpa. It was Coleson's fifth birthday, so we went to the Mayan for dinner afterwards. The kids just loved being together and the three little boys (Cole, Braxton, and Bowen)just couldn't keep their mitts of each other. I love being with my family, especially because Nate and I rarely see each other. He cracks me up!
The next morning Carter, Courtney and I braved the 19 degree weather and ran a little thanksgiving race organized by my friend Amber, and sister-in-law Corie. Too cold for me, but fun to see all my old friends. Later, we enjoyed a delicious thanksgiving dinner with the Bowen side. My Aunt Melissa and Uncle Bruce were the gracious hosts. Their home is beautiful and great for a large crowd. I love catching up with my cousins, they are all hilarious and so entertaining. It is fun to see what they are all up to. The Bowen women are amazing cooks! We just couldn't believe how delicious everything was. That night Ashley and I braved the midnight crowds at Fashion Place Mall. DUMB. We ended up at Wal-Mart, more my style. We didn't get the amazing deals that started at five in the morning, but we did have a blast together and got a lot of shopping done. Later that morning my mom, sisters and I shopped together. Nate was on his anniversary trip with Heather, so we missed them. We stopped at THE most Amazing little Bistro on 3300 South, called Zin's. Trust me, just try it. They brought us a bread basket with at least 5 different types of breads and pastries. Everything was delicious! I loved it.

On Friday night we went to Mutual Dell up American Fork Canyon where we had a belated thanksgiving feast with Carter's family. The kids ran wild and played until they couldn't play any more. We played games all night and had so much fun.
That brings us to Saturday. Because we will not all be together on Christmas, my mom had our annual Christmas party on Saturday afternoon. Santa came, and the kids were in seventh heaven. Kate was petrified, Luke was stunned, Cooper was fascinated, and Jackson is a believer all over again.



There is nothing like a large dose of all the people I love to make me feel grateful and so abundantly blessed.

15 comments:

Polliwog said...

Welcome back. I've missed your blogging updates. :) It sounds like your trip to Utah was a raging success. Zinn's Bistro is, truly, amazing. Glad you got to experience it.

The Owen Family said...

Is it really that cold there? We are only at about 45 degrees, which feels cold to me. Trae asked if that was really Santa and why he came to your house already. Sounds like alot of fun. Were is Nate these days? I can't get onto my email these days so sorry for the comment/email.
owenmdjc@gmail.com
p.s. are you interested in making me a full apron? I would pay for it.
Happy Holidays!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Isn't it fun to be with all the fam? Yah-you need to play killer bunnies. It was way fun! Kinda of a random game, but hey I know you're random like me so you would like it. Did you get my baby shower invite? I know you won't be able to come, but I just wanted to let you know that of course you are someone that I would love to be there! We are moving the day after Christmas...yah it's going to be crazy. Then our little one is due about 4 weeks later. So how are you and your darling family?

Cluff Family said...

Jamie-I would love to make you and apron. Just give me a little time. Do you have any requests on fabric? Consider it a gift.

Cluff Family said...

Nellie- I am dying to come to the baby shower, and we were planning on coming up just for it, but Carter ended up having hic company pary in Park kCity the next weekend, so we felt we had to do that instead. I will be thinking of you, and I already have a cute gift! I need to know where to send it. You should give me your email address so we an communicate better.

The Owen Family said...

I'm sure that you could pick a great fabric for me, I'm not to particular. Your the Best.

Amber said...

Sounds like you were busy with your holiday festivities. I'm so glad you could fit our turkey trot in! Next year I think we are giving out those fleece head/ear bands instead of t-shirts. That should help with your coldness issues! I accidentially went the the mall at midnight too with Mandi and Heather. What were we thinking? I have never done that before and probably never will again, but we laughed our heads off. Something about being awake at that hour makes everything heelarious!

The Owen Family said...

Hey what's your email address. I lost everything in my old address. Thanks, Jamie

Cluff Family said...

cartercluff@yahoo.com

The Owen Family said...

I will not let me send an email to you.

Cluff Family said...

HMM That is definatly my address. What is your email, and I will send you one, and then you and reply to me.

The Owen Family said...

www.jowen28@gmail.com

New Lewis Happenings said...

Hey Lori and Carter!!!
I'm not sure if you remember us...the Lewis's from PG/AF/Henderson??? I was looking for your address online, so I googled you and found your blog!! I need your address and was wondering what happened to the only reason we ever survived Henderson...that would be you guys! Email me! tinaleelewis@msn.com
Talk to you soon!!!

Katrine said...

Wow! It's Nate! You've changed boy!

Katrine said...

I love Anne! When I think about good old Cedar Hills she is one of those people that is in a special place in my heart. I miss Anne!