Thursday, November 8, 2007

One year Older and Wiser Too....Happy Birthday to You!

Today is Carter's 35th birthday-I love that he is older than me! What can I say about Carter that you don't already know? It seems like everyone likes Carter. He is quiet (unlike his wife), patient, agreeable, cheerful, and funny. I feel so blessed to have his calming influence in my life. My favorite thing about Carter is the wonderful father he is. He is a hands on dad for sure. He does baths, gets kids dressed, combs hair, does homework, plays, cleans, disciplines and spends lots of time with our kids, and never gets ruffled. They love him. When they get up in the night, they want Carter (yea!), when they get hurt, they want Carter, and when something exciting happens, they want Carter. Not all kids grow up with such an involved dad. He is blessed with a job that is very flexible. He often takes one of the boys to the job site, or makes it home for a game, or recital, or helps out at school. He lets our kids work along side him, and I can often hear him teaching them a life lesson or a gospel principal. He has a tender and loving relationship with his only daughter, he takes her and her giggly friends lots of places and always makes them feel welcome in our home. He is extremely popular with the tween girls. What a calming influence he has been in our family, it is a blessing to be around someone who never loses his temper, rarely raises his voice, and is constantly cheerful. What amazing gifts Carter is blessed with. Carter works hard to provide for our family, never thinking of himself and his own desires. He has willingly sacrificed so much for us over the years. Carter you are a joy to be around, a constant crack up, and great husband and father. Like good cheese, this guy just gets better with age. Happy 35th Carter! We love you!

6 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Happy birthday Carter! I've always thought you are such a neat guy-and pretty darn lucky to have Lori too!

Woods said...

Happy Birthday Carter!! From all of the Woods. We think you're awsome too.

The Owen Family said...

Happy Birthday Carter!!!!

Amber said...

Yikes, Carter is officically in his mid 30's. By the way, I hope I didn't make you feel bad about my d-day. You know how I am about those things. I can be working out with someone on their b-day and not remember until the next day! Do we really want people to remember that we are old??

Polliwog said...

Carter! Sounds like your wife likes you a little bit :) Happy birthday! It's great getting old, isn't it?

The Sullenger's said...

Hope your birthday was great "Courtney's Dad"

From: 1 of your favorite tweens (Courtney's Friends)