Sunday, December 2, 2007

Oh What Fun!


I love Christmas! On the day after Thanksgiving, the first thing I do when I wake up is put on some Christmas music and decorate. Then every morning after that I put on music, light a delicious smelling candle, turn on only the tree lights and sit and enjoy. I love everything that comes with Christmas, even crowds, last minute shopping and baking, baking and more baking. I love all the fun family traditions. We are making an effort this year to start our own. This will be the very first year EVER that I have been away from home on Christmas. I will be OK-right? There will be a Pie and Pajama night, a gingerbread house decorating night, a live nativity night, a couples Christmas party, and even a Christmas eve dinner and program-I think. How about sledding in the mountains, and Christmas stories each night. Sometimes, when Carter is gone, I'll pop the kids in the car and we will go out scouting "temple squarish" lights, stop for hot chocolate, and sing Christmas tunes at the top of our lungs. So far I am ahead of the Christmas rush, but we all know that could change dramatically. We are officially decorated, and the Christmas card is written, not sent, but written, and we have already watched a plethora of cheesy Hallmark Christmas dramas. Next on the to do list: candy making and present wrapping. Did I mention how much I love this holiday? I would love to know what all of your favorite Christmas traditions are, so leave a comment and help us fill our holiday with new traditions.

10 comments:

Woods said...

Oh how fun! I wish I could be there doing all these fun traditions with you and your sweet family. I really really love your tree, it is so dang cute. Oh and your lights, Cart did a splendid job!! I love everything about Christmas too, and you just reminded me to get going on Christmas cards so thanks. I love you and miss you all.

The Owen Family said...

Wow your tree is beautiful, like always. We pretty much do the same stuff, christmas books, hot chocolate of course, christmas cookies. We also want to start some of our own traditions, but sometimes I think that me kids dont really care as much as I do. Because they are still young, but I still do them for me mostly. Thanks for the other good ideas, sorry I dont have one for you. Happy Holidays!!!

The Owen Family said...

Hey, Trae wants to know what is on the top of the christmas tree?

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Darling Christmas deco! I just love this season. We would love a Christmas card! Our address is
37 S. 200 W. basement
Logan, UT 84321

The Sullenger's said...

Where's the rod to the tree of life? Come on Carter, get it up!!

The Owen Family said...

Lori- I wanted the same thing, when you upload the photo you can choose the size of the picture,(small) and the border I had to change my template. Which I don't love, what about a cute header. How can I do that?

The Owen Family said...

Lori- I wanted the same thing, when you upload the photo you can choose the size of the picture,(small) and the border I had to change my template. Which I don't love, what about a cute header. How can I do that?

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

So fun! I love you decorations. And I loved your Christmas card/newsletter! What a creative idea-i'm so impressed!

Amber said...

Your tree is darling as usual! I got your card today--what a cute idea! Mine will be coming, I just ordered it from costco (boring same old) Anyway, you know already our Fondu tradition on Christmas Eve so there you have it!

Teri said...

Hey Lori,

We got your Christmas card in the mail today. Thanks! It was fun to look at your blog and see how your family is doing. Your house is beautifully decorated for Christmas! I love your Christmas signs you made. I'll never forget those carmel apples you made us one year, they were sooo good!! Here is our blog address: http://stowes.blogspot.com. We are expecting a baby in a few weeks! Merry Christmas! - Teri