Sunday, November 11, 2007

Is 13 Really a Lucky Number?


11/11/1994. Our wedding day exactly 13 years ago. We were blissfully in love, and blissfully naive (good thing). I remember our engagement and wedding so fondly. We had so much fun planing our wedding and our life together. I was definitely not looking to get married, but when I met Carter I KNEW. He was different from every boy I dated, a good different. My mom always said she thought we were soul mates. The last 13 years have not all been easy or without challenges. Marriage is definitely like a roller coaster, it has its ups and downs. What I appreciate about Carter is his willingness to improve and work on himself and our relationship. I hope I will always be willing to do the same. We went out to dinner and shopping last night. Today was the primary activity, so the day was spent in anxiety and frenzy. Last night Carter surprised me with roses and a new dress for the program. Thoughtful guy. We plan to officially celebrate next weekend when things have slowed down. I am so blessed to share my life with Carter. Here's hoping that 13 really is a lucky number.

8 comments:

michellecluff said...

yay! Congrats! You guys are so old!!!!

melody said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember your wedding very well, actually. We little girls looked up to our big sisters so much.

Woods said...

You guys are the cutest. You both are so lucky to have eachother. I love everything about the two of you. You are always doing everything for everyone else. I love ya both so much!

Woods said...

Oh and that is such a good picture of you two.

The Owen Family said...

Congratulations, that is so wonderful. You two are so cute together. I learned alot of great marriage skills from you two. "How to love and treat one another".
Thanks

Amber said...

I thought about you this weekend because it was Matt and Cortnies anniversary too. Melody and I were trying to remember the exact day and I said I thought it was the 11th, but that could also be Lori's. Wow I was right! Maybe it is permenantly burned in my mind since I was in your line 8 months pregnant! What were we thinking back then with our crazy long lines!

Polliwog said...

Darling photo. Happy 13. We're coming up on 10--yikes! :)

Katrine said...

Congratulations! Lori, you look good as a blond!