Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Courtney is officially 12 years old! I cannot believe it, my mom always lectures me to "enjoy your kids, it goes so fast", once again she is right. I can remember plain as day turning twelve and all the gruesome details. Courtney is such a good girl. She has not been a difficult child to raise. She is cheerful and agreeable, not to mention a HUGE help. For her birthday all she wanted was a Nano, so she combined many birthday resources to purchase it. We gave her a birthday party and a little cash toward the Nano. So, about half way through her birthday, she asked if she could start wearing make-up today. WHAT!? "Of course not" I said. "But mom, you said when I was twelve, remember? Like you did." (thanks a lot mom). So of to Wal-mart. I think that we ended up with a good compromise--clear mascara, light pink eyeshadow and light pink lip gloss. I think I can handle it, I think. Then to drive the dagger deeper, she went to Young Women's on Sunday, where the first lesson was on pro-creation (of course). I feel strange that all this is happening to me. I never pictured myself much further than married with a baby. Time flies when you're having fun!

3 comments:

Polliwog said...

No way! Is she really 12? I remember that birthday so well too. No doubt we celebrated our 12th together. But I swear it was 13 to wear makeup. or 17. ;) Courtney looks very pretty--much better than the turquoise mascara I started out with and the gigantic bangs. Yikes. I love your blog, btw.

Cluff Family said...

Courtney, quit looking so big and grown up this minute!! I can't stand this--you are supposed to stay little forever. That's the rule and you, missy, are breaking it. I wish I had been there to enjoy your birthday in person and to watch the crazy party. The whole day sounds like a blast. You'd better give your M&D some BIG hugs and kisses!!

Flake Family said...

Lori... you officially suck! How the crap do you learn to do everything? We are having a tutor session on making your blog cute the next time you come up! It looks so cute!