Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back To School


Well, for us the summer is over. Even though it was 105 degrees today! The kids went back to school on the 15th of August. Courtney started 7th grade...unbelievable. Seriously I remember so much about that year. Boy I feel old. Jackson is in fourth grade and Bowen started Kindergarten. They all seem to like it. The boys walk to the school, and I can watch them the whole way. Courtney on the other hand has to be at the bus stop at 6:40! Its just getting light out, but she insists on riding the bus. I am always really sad to send the kids back to school. I really do love the freedom of summer and the extra time to play, read, cook, sleep, and lounge. The kids are getting old enough to "hang out" with and I enjoy their humor. Bowen is in afternoon kindergarten with his friend John. They like us to watch them walk to school, but not to actually walk them to school. So it's just Cooper and I. I thought he would be bored out of his mind, but apparently I was wrong. He seems to savor the time alone with mom. I am looking forward to keeping the house clean for over an hour and working on some unfinished projects.

2 comments:

Flake Family said...

Court looks gorgeous in this picture! You better watch out... she's gonna be trouble! She looks like she's 16. Tell her she is beautiful!

Amber said...

I can't believe our kids are in Jr. High, the armpit of the earth crazy how time flies!