Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mystery of a Diamond Thief

For Courtney's 12th birthday party she really wanted a mystery party. Something I had never heard of. So online I went and stumbled upon an awesome website. Here we picked out a mystery called "Mystery of a Diamond Thief" Specifically designed for an all tween girl party. It was a neat website. You just type in each girls name under a character in the mystery, it then generates a cute invitation specific to her character. It had instructions on how to dress and all the characters personality traits. We delivered around these invitations in "top secret" envelopes. We took pictures as we handed out the invites and the girls could then go online and view their characters (with their pictures) and who would be playing all the other characters. They could also type messages to each other. During the week we dropped of clues and lines for each round of the party. The girls were so excited by the time the party day came! We put caution tape all around the house-inside and out. We hung big, black question marks on all the walls. The mystery took place in a girls academy so we made the kitchen into a cafeteria, where they ate on lunch trays. It was a huge success. The girls all came dressed up and were in character as they arrived and never broke character the entire time! They were real hams. They said it was the best birthday party ever. It was fun for me too, we all know how I love a good birthday party!

1 comment:

Jonny said...

This is Melody, not Jonny. Anyway, what a neat party! Very clever of you to search online. You don't see as many creative, themed parties these days. I wish I could've been at this one!