Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Baby is TWO!

I just cannot believe how fast time is going! Our little Gwennie turned two on February 16th. Sometimes I watch her walk around the house in her little pigtails with her pudgy little feet slapping the tile, and wonder how our family ever existed without her. As most of you know she can be a stubborn little twit and she makes me second guess my parenting skills on a daily basis. But oh how we love that little bright eyed, curious, and chatty little girl!



For her birthday she and I got to spend the day alone. We explored the new toy store in town. She spent an hour riding, touching and sometime licking every single toy in the place. The ladies were so cute with her and even wrapped up a little gift for her when we left. We made a stop at Target for a few more gifts and party supplies and then met some friends at Brick Oven for lunch. She just kept saying over and over, "Mommy and Gennie on date!" She somehow know it was a special day just for her and enjoyed singing "Happy birthday deeeeer Geeeennniieee!" ALL DAY LONG!



Later that night when everyone was home we unwrapped gifts and had cake and ice cream.



I tried my hand a a little ruffle cake this year. It turned out okay, but not excellent. Here's to the first try though!



I don't think Gwen cared one bit what the cake looked like, just as soon as we were finished singing to her she stuck her face right in. The girl is NOT shy.



I think that everyone loved watching Gwen open presents. Every single thing she opened was the best thing ever!!


Just look at that reaction. If everyone reacted that way to every gift you gave them can you even imagine how much more fun it would be to give gifts! She got some Minnie Mouse toys, a singing Dora book and some Melissa and Doug toys.



She has played for hours with this fun little Velcro birthday cake.



The "Dora Book Dance" Cracked us all up! It is now a regular dance move in the kids repertoire.



This is the perfect picture of our Gwennie. Silly, creative, quirky, fun and a little mischievous. she had sure spiced up this household.









Being your mom is the absolute best. My days with you are filled with sticky kisses and tickle fights. By the end of most days one of us is in tears, but every minute is worth it. Every. Minute.
We love you to the moon and back Gwennie! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

What a cute little girl that Gwenie! I know what you mean about one of you ending up in tears by the end of the day, and questioning your parenting tactics (although we all know you 2 are perfect parents)--I got one of those myself! She is either the cutest thing ever, or....exactly opposite of that! :) Happy 2nd b-day Gwen!

EMILY said...

Cort is looking at the pics of Gwen with me and he said, "Wow. She sure got bigger." I'm so sad at how grown up she is and that I don't get to watch that little diva driving you crazy!!! She's a doll. And I miss you guys like crazy. Love you all.