In my defense, I made these delicious chocolate cupcakes before I left. My mom was so kind as to make the frosting....mmmmm, Jackson's favorite, German chocolate.
Also in my defense, I left these breakfast sandwiches for Jackson. Homemade are his favorite, but frozen will do in a pinch. Who doesn't like a good frozen egg every once in a while. I shudder at that thought.
More mom points? Why yes, I hung the traditional birthday banner before I left, and Carter and I blew up some Duke colored balloons. My mom and dad took over from there, taking Courtney, her friend-boy, and Jackson, and his friend for a VERY fancy dinner. My dad may have to come out of retirement to cover that bill. Funny side note...Courtney's friend-boy got deathly ill immediately after the dinner. Everyone suspected food poisoning, but alas, it was just the flu. The ungrateful kids throwing up that expensive dinner...teenagers.
For spring break Carter and I totally redeemed ourselves as parents, when we consented to take Jackson to the most fantastic Nike store on earth. I hate the Strip in Vegas and refuse to go there, but we found a back way in and went to Ceasers to check it out.
It was totally worth it. As everyone knows Jackson is totally enamored with all things Nike, and Duke. This was his Disneyland. His happiest place on earth. We spent a lot of time there. It was fun, really fun, even for me.
Jackson plans to be the President of Nike one day, read here if you don't know why. Here he is with the whole world in his hands.
Since it was March madness, there was some amazing Duke swag. Jackson spent every last drop of his birthday money. Let's just say it didn't got too far. All in all I think the boy had a great birthday month, even with neglectful parents.Jack, my boy, I couldn't imagine life without you. You are MY boy. You watch out for me and take care of me when dad is out of town. You tell me you love me every time you go to bed or leave somewhere. You can talk me into just about anything. You make me belly laugh at least twice a day. You have more self control than any boy your age. I catch you studying your scriptures often, boy does that warm my heart. I will always kiss you. I will always hug you and make you hug me back. You will always make me proud and you will always be MY boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment