The boys thought they were awesome, and that is all that matters to me.
These where the Valentines they chose to make after I gave them several options to choose from. They were of course from Pinterest (my best friend).
We always buy the kids a little something and leave it on the porch and run. Remember when we used to do that to all our neighbors when we were little? I just loved that part of Valentines Day. Sad its almost extinct.
The boys got flats of Gatorade from Costco, they are obsessed with it these days. They also got some chocolate, because lets be honest, Valentines Day isn't Valentines Day with out a couple pounds of chocolate.
Court got this little heart ring, some chocolate and a shirt. Look closely in the pink candies and you will see the little ring. It is just her style, dainty and classic. I may or may not have stolen it to wear already.

Our littlest valentine got a Minne Mouse movie and some pink M&M's and she was in heaven!!
I did lots and lots of this. I made sugar cookies, peanut butter cookies, and three different kinds of cupcakes with pink frosting for all of our friends.
I did not get any pictures of the very best part of the day. Each year I make a fun Chinese dinner complete with red take out boxes, chop sticks, balloons and lots of other decor. On the menu this year: Sweet and Sour chicken, sesame noodles and fried rice....It was SO good! It is everyone's favorite part of the holiday.
This is another one of our favorite traditions. I buy a large box of chocolates and each day the kids can have one if they write a love note to someone in our family. I didn't think that this would be very motivating, especially to our older kids, but it totally was. I love reading the notes every day, and so do the kids. They got so creative this year.
One of Coopers notes: "Dad you knock my sock off! Mom you knock my other sock off!" Cute kid. It was another successful month of love at the Cluff house. Now we are holding our breath for spring!
2 comments:
You never cease to amaze and inspire me. I love both your traditions of Chinese food and the box of chocolates/love notes. I'm not sure I could pull off the Chinese food, but the chocolates I'm totally going to do!! Love you lots.
This is so cute. You always do fun stuff. I love it! And I'm with you. I love Valentine's too. Not sure why. Our holiday is always cheesy. But the kids love it and it breaks us out of the monotony of everyday life.
Post a Comment