I happens every year in February. We fly to Kansas City with all of the awesome people Carter works with for a weekend of fun! Kansas City is where his company's home office is, so they have a yearly awards dinner and other fun activities.

Here we are looking so relaxed sans our 5 children.

Here are the DARLING ladies I am lucky to hang out with. Love. Every. Single. One.

Here is the Boss enjoying some Jack Stacks BBQ. Very famous in this neck of the woods.

Here we are at the fancy
schmancy awards night. A fun excuse to buy a new dress and get all dolled up. Carter is sporting the famous 250 Club jacket. You have to work hard to get one of those. Way to go boss. PS we are not drinking those tipsy sort of drinks, although, by the way we acted you would never know. We Mormons like to have ourselves a good, clean time.

Here are all the ladies looking like they are about to walk the red carpet. Stunning. Dear Megan, next time tell me to stand up straight. Thank you. Love, the Hunchback of
Notre dame.

They really go all out for these events. I felt like I was at one of those million dollar wedding receptions you only see on TV. They served an amazing dinner, several courses of food I didn't recognize. It was a good time.

Look at these too, so darling, so in love. Megs is my adopted little sister. We are really the ones in love.

Here is a very blurry picture of The Boss getting his award. He rocked it this year. I am proud of that boy.

When all the formalities
are over, they turn us loose on the dance floor. The lighted, fog filled, club like dance floor. Every year I say I'm not going to dance, I'm going to keep it calm. Every year I go a little crazy and dance my little heart out. Embarrassing? Why yes it is. Oh well. It's fun!

Have I mentioned yet how much I love all the ladies. Well I do.

It was a fantastic weekend! We even got to take my nephew Flat Weston along with us. Thank you to the greatest parents on earth for tending our babies and making it easy for us to be away. They are the most unselfish people I know! And thank you Boss for working so hard and making it all possible.
2 comments:
We need to talk. First of all, was there dancing with any band members this year? Secondly, love the dress. Third, you look amazing. Fourth, is that jacket Carter was wearing comparable to the infamous "green jacket" of golf? It looked fancy. Fifth, call me!
I just love you. You never cease to entertain me, even through the computer. Wish it could be in person though! Glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment