Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to the Grind

The kids started school early this year. I am sad. I miss them. Especially Cooper. He is in Kindergarten this year. He goes in the afternoon and then it is just me and little miss Gwen. She likes our time alone. She told me so. He is very cute, he hops on his little scooter and scoots his little self all the way to school while I watch from the front yard (super benefit of living right by the elementary school).





This is a big year with Courtney starting High School. It's fine, let's not talk about it. When she leaves for school I totally pretend she is on her way to the middle school and that works out just fine in my head. That is, until I have to drive her there and then I cry all the way home. Wee, wee, wee. I hate that she is growing up, she is such a lovely teenager and so that makes it all right. I guess.



In the car on the way to her first day as a sophomore at Desert Hills High School.

Let me introduce you to Tianna, she is Courtney's darling friend. We want to adopt her. We are filling out the paper work as we speak. She makes us laugh. A LOT.









Jackson is in 7th grade. He is very handsome. Being handsome is not a good thing. I do not like it. I have told him over and over about how evil girls are and he sort of believes me. Am I dreaming? Probably. He is a good kid.





Bowen started third grade this year and got a wonderful teacher. Bowen is getting tall and handsome too. The spattering of freckles across his nose melts my heart. He is a sweet, kind-hearted guy.









I saw this cute idea for pencils in a Creating Keepsake magazine so my mom and I put a few together for her Young Women and for the little boy's teachers. They are made out of a pack of Rolo's. Cute huh? It doesn't hurt to butter up those teachers a bit, just ask uncle Kimball.



I thought I should throw a picture of the father of all these lovely children, just because I think he's cute. He gave all the kids the customary father's blessing the night before school, something they look forward to every year. He is my favorite thing.







PS Cooper is doing so good in kindergarten. He already learned how to fly. That's our Super Cooper.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So so cute!! I'm loving the pictures and all your fun descriptions! Keep it up!!

michellecluff said...

i LOVE that you mentioned kimball is this! :) it's so true. i love your kids and can't believe they're so grown up! it will be a good year. it will.

EMILY said...

I can't even tell you how much I love and miss your kids. (You and Carter aren't so bad either.) But the kiddos are getting so grown up. I mean, I really love love love and miss miss miss them! Wish we could hang out when all our kids are in school. But what am I saying? Wish? Blah! We WILL hang out when all our kids are in school. The beaches of Hawaii still say so! :) Love ya.

PS--I think I might steal your Rolo pencil idea. You're just way too cute and crafty. Hope you don't mind. Thanks.

Felisa said...

What an adorable family you have! You must be livin' right. The question here is, where does the talent stop? Your pix are awesome! Your story telling skills are amazing! AAAAND you make beautiful children. What next???Gourmet Cupcakes? ;)