Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Eagle Scout of Young Womens

According to our Bishop, that is what Courtney has earned. It is actually the Young Womanhood Medallion and represents lots of hard work. To earn this award Courtney had to do several ten hour projects, eight to be exact! Some of these projects were Grandma Richard's little history book (mentioned below), took a sewing class, service, more service, sewed, read the Book of Mormon twice, etc. etc. She also had to set and accomplish six goals in each of the value areas(faith, divine nature, individual works, knowledge, choice and accountability , good works, integrity, and virtue). I have personally seen Courtney grow leaps and bounds through this process and I have a much deeper testimony of the Young Womans program than I did before. Courtney is great at accomplishing anything she puts her mind to, and her testimony and love of the Gospel astounds me. She had an incredible knowledge of the Gospel. Court we are so proud of you and love you beyond measure.





5 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Way to go Courtney! I hope my baby will grow up to be like you. I so much loved having your Mom as a YW leader, and I know I learned a lot through that program.

Polliwog said...

Wow, Courtney! Congratulations on such an outstanding achievement. :) We love the book you made...I think that one counts as service too!

EMILY said...

Tell that little Court congrats from us Rigby's. We sure love and miss that girl. She's a keeper!

Bowen Family said...

That a girl Courtney! However, I would respectfully disagree with your Bishop. I believer your achievement is of much greater significance than earning the rank of Eagle Scout! In fact, during last conference the Brethren asked that more emphasis be placed on earning the YM and YW awards than Scouting ranks. Nothing is as important as developing a personal relationship with our Heavenly Father. We are extremely proud of you and the example you're setting for your cousins!

Felisa said...

Courtney, you are so awesome! And such an amazing example to all of us. The book you made for Great-Gma Gwen looks so cool!