Monday, May 17, 2010

Mothers Day 2010



This year I had such a wonderful Mother's Day! The best part of the whole weekend was spending tons of time with Carter and the kids. I wish I could freeze them right where they are right now. I am enjoying them so much. They are my friends and entertainment. They make me happy. So happy. Carter hired someone to come in and clean the blinds and baseboards for me. We have never. ever. had anyone do anything like this for us before, I loved it. I am a stresser and I was worried about getting my spring cleaning done this year in light of having a fussy baby. Carter knew this and found a very inexpensive lady to come an take care of it. It was heavenly. So while the house was being cleaned by someone other than me, we took the kids to the Cotton Days parade, went to the park and had lunch, played Frisbee and even took a nap in the sun. Blissful.


The kids watching the parade...not much to look at, but TONS of candy (that's all that matters, right?)

Carter and Gwennie enjoying the parade.



I'm getting wrinkles. Dang. I have hidden the white sunglasses more than once. They keep reappearing.

Courtney, Gwennie and I napping in the sun.



The boys playing Frisbee



The Coops in the tree at the park.


On Sunday Jackson got himself up early and mad me breakfast just the way I like it and brought it to me on a tray with a darling note. He's my boy. The kids piled in bed and made my day with kisses and giggles. Church was lovely, followed by a delicious dinner I didn't cook or clean up. Thank you my little family for a soul satisfying Mother's Day! I love you.


2 comments:

Bowen Family said...

What a fabulous mothers day. You deserve every second of all that pampering.

Foy Family said...

You've created such a beautiful family.
side note: I can always tell it's Carter from far away with his white sunglasses!