Thursday, March 11, 2010

TWELVE



My guy is twelve. Can you believe it? I can't. I want to freeze my kids right where they are. I am enjoying them so much. Jackson turned the ever important twelve years old on February 24th. Little Gwen was just a week old so we kept the celebration on the down low. Grandma Bowen was in town so that jazzed things up a bit. Jackson wanted new clothes for his birthday, so we went to the mall and spent all his money on awesome Hollister shirts. He looks quite handsome in them too. He got to golf with Grandpa Bowen and Carter, and he got to eat at his favorite restraunt Samari 21. He had a fun week!


The coolest part of Jackson turning twelve was receiving the priesthood. He has been looking forward to this for a very long time. Carter has been talking to our boys about the importance of the priesthood since they were very small. I have never seen a boy so excited for anything! Grandma and Grandpa Cluff came all the way from Texas for the ordination. Grandma and Grandpa Bowen were also there, along with Ashley and Kevin and their boys. It was a very touching and special day. Jackson had tears streaming from his eyes (along with just about everyone else) as his dad ordained him. It was a very spiritual moment for our family. I may have shed a tear or two.





I love Jackson. He make us laugh....every day. He is a good boy, who takes good care of his mom. He always opens my door and wants to sit by me and hold my hand. I know this won't last forever, so I hold on to the small moments. Jackson is a good student, a good athlete, and most importantly a good member of the church. I can't wait to see what the future holds for him.

6 comments:

EMILY said...

Happy Day, Jacks. I sure miss that kid. Tell my little "princess" HI from me.

Woods said...

I'm so glad we were there for such an amazing event. Jackson is really such a neat person. I've never seen a twelve year old feel the spirit so strong or be more prepared to recieve the priesthood. He is so special. I love him.

The Owen Family said...

What a handsome boy you have. His birthday is on the same day as Aizlyn's, I did not realize that! Congratulations Jackson!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Congrats Jackson-what an important decision you made, and you have such wonderful parents to guide you along the way. You're a special kid, and you will be a great example to so many people.

Lori-how are you feeling? I wish I could come see little Gwenie! More pictures please! :) (Ya know in all your spare time...)

Anne Bowen said...

I agree, Jackson is one in a million. I've never been more proud of him than I was on the day he received the priesthood. We love him soooooooooooooooooo much!

Anne Bowen said...

I agree, Jackson is one in a million. I've never been more proud of him than I was on the day he received the priesthood. We love him soooooooooooooooooo much!