Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Some Halloween Ideas




I am Bowen's room mom this year, so that puts me in charge of the Halloween party at school. Can I just tell you how delighted I am that Halloween is on a Saturday this year? We don't have to mush all the school, church, home activities into one day. Any way, I wanted to do something a little different this year so here are a few ideas I have come up with so far. I thought it may be a help for other mom out there.

I want to do a mad scientist theme this year. The moms wear lab coats and black glasses. Gross apothecary jars, fun science experiments( I have found kids of all ages LOVE science experiments).

A few years ago at our school carnival we had a Sandy Candy booth- you know the one with the sour candy that looks like sand that you layer in straws. The kids went wild, especially mine. We have seen it since at candy stores and Thanksgiving Point etc.





I looked online to see if I could find it cheaper, as it is fairly expensive. I couldn't, so I decided to make it on my own. It worked perfectly. I ordered plastic test tubes with lids here. I am going to pour the candy in little clear ketchup- like bottles so the kids can layer their candy any way they want, each flavor being a different color. I found some labels here. I thought that I would print them on sticker paper and stick them on the tubes. My kids are wild about these. Here is the recipe:

1 Packet Kool Aide

1 Cup Sugar

Blend in blender, you can add any color of food coloring you like. Hard recipe right?


We will also be making slime, which we did last year. There are lost of different recipes online.

I think that I will do a scary story about body parts and pass around the spaghetti for brains and peeled grapes for eyeballs etc. We all did this when we were little, but did you ever forget it-not me.

Now all I need is a mad scientist treat and maybe a game. Any ideas?


PS Tomorrow we find out the gender of baby #5! Stay tuned for details.

2 comments:

The Owen Family said...

What fun Halloween Ideas! So what is the verdict on this new little baby?

Lisa Hartle said...

You are amazing!