Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of School

I know I am a little slow in posting these pictures, but I am incubating, give me a break. I was ready to send these kiddos off to school this year, it was a long, hot and busy summer. Most of which I spent trying to find ways to calm my raging stomach. Now that they are gone--I miss them terribly, although my house stays clean for 6 whole hours. Imagine that.

There is one slight problem though. They are all in different schools this year. Different departure times. Different arrival times. Yes I feel like an airport. And baggage is definitely a problem here.

Leaving at approx. 7:30 am to catch the school bus is Courtney. Courtney is in 9th grade. You heard me. 9th Grade. Can I just tell you that I remember 9th grade as if I were there yesterday. EVERYTHING about it. Desert Hills Middle Schools is her school this year. The middle school houses the 8th and 9th graders, so she is the oldest which is great. There has already been a dance (she danced-whew!). She was so excited about starting seminary this year and she has three honors classes. She makes me look like a good mom. Deceiving, very deceiving.




Leaving at 7:00 am is Jackson. Jackson started 6th grade, a big deal down here in sunny St. George. 6th graders move up to intermediate school, which is 6th and 7th grades. So basically Jr. High. He loves it and stays very organized with his modern day Trapper Keeper. No loud Velcro rips for him, just a sleek snap. Technology.





Leaving at 8:30 am Bowen is our lone Elementary school goer this year. He started the 2nd grade with the teacher that we all hoped and prayed for. She is the teacher everyone wants so we were ecstatic! He loves going on his own and having his independence. He is thriving as usual and loves school.




Leaving at 12:15 on Tuesdays and Thursdays is our little man Cooper. He missed the deadline for kindergarten this year so he is in his second year of preschool this year. He is much more confident this year and feels like an old pro, showing all the kids around the school. I am so glad to have him around for another year, he is my lunch partner, my chore do-er and my side kick.






So there you have it. Our complicated school schedule. Now I have to go because they are starting to arrive home now in half hour intervals.

4 comments:

The Owen Family said...

What a cute crew you have! I am so excited for your new arrival... Be sure to post some pictures!

Bowen Family said...

Those are some great first day of school pictures. I can't believe they are at 4 different schools. That has got to be crazy. You are always so on the ball though I am sure it goes like clock work.

Woods said...

oh my gosh!! You have the cutest kids and I can't believe how quick they grow up! They are the best kids in the whole world. I love them!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

I'm so impressed Lori-I can't imagine doing all the running around right now-sounds totally overwhelming. You go girl! Looks like they are all happy in their different schools, just hard on Mom. Well I've had a lot better moments the last few days! Maybe there is something about this 2nd trimester! I've only thrown up once in the last 3 days! Maybe there's hope!