

I was ambushed. It all began in ward council, I was sitting quietly, minding my business (surprising, I know) when this conversation ensues.
Sister Young Women's President: I think we should do something nice for the men in our ward for Father's Day.
Sister RS 1st counselor: Oh we are. We were talking in our meeting and we thought Lori could make Cinnamon Rolls.
Me: (Laughing) That's funny. No really, what are we doing?
Brother Missionary: Lori makes the best cinnamon rolls. (I will never make him Sunday treats again!)
Me: Why don't we order them from Albertson's like we did last year. Those were FANTASTIC!
All men in the room: Homemade are SO much better.
End of conversation.
So I think it is a funny joke, I get razzed every ward council. As we leave ward council Sister RS says, "Lori we will get you some help if you want."
Long story short I ended up making over 200 cinnamon rolls last week. I started on Monday making the dough and rolling them up and froze them at this point. My amazing sister Jackie came down on Friday and we baked them all on Saturday and frosted them on Saturday evening so they would be fresh. Carter put them in the back of his truck on Sunday morning and they warmed nicely. They were a huge hit, but I don't care if I ever see a cinnamon roll again. I need to learn how to say no.
8 comments:
You are a good woman! The men in our ward got a bag of M&M's.
You TRULY are one amazing women. Those look incredible, maybe you could email or post the recipe!!! Good Job.
I would've said NOW WAY and go with the Albertsons idea. I only do that kind of production when there is serious $$ I could get out of it. The men in the church will eat anything. They have no idea that you put sweat and tears into planning what they just scarfed down, so homemade was being way to nice. You are a better person than I. I guess I would rather save the good stuff for people who really appreciate and deserve it. Not saying that dads don't, they just don't know the difference. I've made things that I really put my heart into, and I've store bought for these kinds of things, and I've learned.
However, cinnamon rolls are at the top of my list, and those look delicious.
Oh my, I thought you learned your lesson the last time your table looked like this... You're way too good
I would have made you do it too. you make such great treats, and especially cinnamon rolls. I bet all the men in the ward love you even more!
Wow Lori!!! Your amazing to make all of those cinnamon rolls. I still dream about your caramel apples! Those are good!! I've been trying to get on your blog for a long time, but it said I needed an invitation. It's working now, your family is cute! Everyone has grown up! Rich says hi, and he misses his buddy Carter! -Teri
I can't believe anyone would have the nerve to ask one woman to do that task.... like you have nothing else to do. Good job. You'll be blessed!
What on earth? Who do these people think they are asking you to slave away like that! However, those did look delish! Matt also makes a mean cinnamon roll!
Post a Comment