
My mom used it while raising Nate and passed it on to me after a particularly tough day with Jackson. Seriously, if you have any boys you need to read this book. It covers each stage throughout a boys life. It gives you characteristics, behaviors and emotions of that age. It is pretty spot on too. My mom loves this picture.
It is from the Six year old section. Fitting. This chapter is called "Six is full of tricks" My Bowen is six. This is what the chapter says about him. "Parents tend to lose patience with a 6 year old because he is such a confusing mixture of baby and boy. Sometimes he is lovable, understanding, and responsive; other times he is as bad as he was at 2 1/2." That's Bowen.Cooper is three almost four. This is what the book says about him. "This is a time when junior is at peace with the world. He loves life, he loves his parents and feels good about himself. He can do things that were impossible a few months ago. As this little fellow completes his third year of life he will suddenly change from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Enjoy this folks. It won't last long, and the next stage is a whing-dinger!" Super.
"The Golden Age of Ten". That's Jack. "He seeks acceptance and contentment both from adults and friends. He has an occasional temper outburst, but it is seldom serious. He still has to be coached occasionally to do what is right, but he has deep convictions about things that are wrong.(please bless) As long as parents are fairly flexible in their demands, they find it is possible to enjoy the golden age of 10. Pretty true.
I am reading this book for book club.
It is a true kids book about the author and his pals attempting stupid stunts (like going to the bathroom on an electric fence). It hit home with me as a mom of three daring boys. I think I may have bit off a little more than I can chew. I LOVE having boys. I like that they are dirty, athletic, they want to snuggle, they are adventurous, silly, and stinky. I snapped some pictures of things that I see every day as a mom of three boys. Can you relate?
Plenty of intense sword fights

Built in yard maintenance crew and plenty of boxers too!

Attempts to be "COOL"

Convenient bathroom locations

Bazaar animal experiments
Sports, sports and more sports

Strangely drawn to every fire

90% of all pictures ruined by this

Never, never lift the board to see what is inside!

Apparently reptiles are awesome. Yuck.

Our own "Sand Lot"

Mysteriously broken items appear all the time

"Mom, do you know where my scout shirt is?"

After every batch of laundry I find something interesting
5 comments:
Oh the joy of boys, I guess it doesn't get any better. Thanks for the book info. Jamie
I sure wish you would post more, you are so entertaining. :O)
Oh, Lori~I have got to read that book! I'm not dealing very well with all the crazy emotions, the constant need for action, and all of the stuff that goes along with having 4 boys!!! At least you got a beautiful girl in the mix!! (By the way...how's she doing??? Did it "pass"??) You're such a great "boy" mom--they're so lucky to have you!!
Oh, so true, so true.
Yes, boys will be boys.
Post a Comment