It as been a while since a good post. We had a wonderful Christmas season. As I posted earlier I was somewhat apprehensive about spending Christmas Eve and Christmas here in St. George. My fears were unfounded. We had so much fun together. We made gingerbread houses with some friends. We went to movies, for drives to see the lights, to the Dicken's Festival, school Christmas programs, chorus concerts and a piano recital to top it all off. I did and insane amount of candy making and Christmas baking. We read Christmas stories every night, watched a lot of Family Channel Christmas movies, and checked the mail constantly for cards and packages. One of the highlights was Grandma and Grandpa Bowen's 12 days of Christmas packages. The kid's could not wait each day to see what grandma and grandpa had sent. On Christmas eve we ate soups and homemade bread sticks, decorated cookies for Santa, acted out the Nativity, and read a new Christmas book called "The Last Straw." The kids went to bed at a decent hour and we started our wrapping. It was calm, relaxed, intimate and fun! I loved it.
Christmas day we woke up early and opened gifts and spent all day long in our pajamas playing games and putting together toys. We were invited to Christmas dinner by some neighbors. It was a great time.
The next day we drove up north to be with family. Of course I wanted to see our families during the holidays. We stayed with Carter's family. I love it there. His mom and dad are a blast to be with. We stayed up late catching up, eating,playing the Wii and playing cards. The Cluff's are wonderful hosts. I always feel so at home there. They are great in laws!
With my family we went to the annual Bowen Family Christmas party, shopping, out to eat, to visit Grandma Richards, to church,we went to Aunt Rosemary's and ate a delicious dinner with all the Lind cousins, I just love them, they are like brothers and sisters to us, and the Bowen's had a really fun New Year's Eve party. The longer I stay around my family, the more I miss them.
We stayed up north through the new year and then came home to our busy lives. We had such a wonderful time. I am so grateful for our wonderful families. I know how rare it is to have two sets of wonderful parents and grandparents, and so I feel blessed.
We hope your new year is full of wonderful new experiences!
4 comments:
Glad to see your blogging again and that you had a good holiday. It was good to see you guys while you were here! Wish you lived closer, Brody has so much fun with your kids!
Could your kids be any cuter? The only thing that could make that picture cuter would be you and Carter in it. Hello, we like to see you guys too. Oh boy, they are so big and so cute. I love Court's dress, and the boys look so handsome. I think I would like to live by you! (sorry, LOVE to live by you.)
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!! I can't believe how your kids have grown since the last time I saw you all!! Beautiful!!
I actually have my own google account now, so I can officially view and comment. We loved having you come for Christmas but now I am missing all of my beautiful grandchildren......
Post a Comment