Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Homecoming AKA The First Date

Courtney happened to turn sixteen right before Homecoming. It was very exciting for all of us to come home and find this on Court's bed.....

The clever boy that asked her wrote "Homecoming Courtney?" on a shirt with tons of boys names written all over the shirt. Surrounded by lots of candy. Since we are not that bright, we may have opened several hundred pieces of candy looking for which boy had asked her. We finally figured out that we needed to wash the shirt to find out. Carter was hilarious and scrubbed HARD at a few of the boys names. After the wash one boys name was left. Connor Malloy. He is a great friend of Courtney and a neighbor of ours. The perfect first date.


They spent the day date hiking with friends Maddi and "Beamer".


Then it was the dance. I just couldn't believe it all day long. How did we get here so fast? When did she get so pretty? I kind of hated it. But she was in heaven. Her dress was so beautiful and modest, which is a hard combination to find these days.

The shoes were her favorite.




She might have been just a tad excited!


I must post about the boutonniere debacle. I was on the ball and called to order his boutonniere early in the week. They asked all the details, who she was going with, what color her dress was, etc. They told me to pick it up by 1:00 Saturday. I was helping Court curl her hair at about 5:30 Saturday night, and Carter came into the bathroom. He asked if I had picked up the corsage....of course I didn't. In a panic I sent him to the florist even though I knew they would be closed. He called them on the way and the lady answered and said they didn't have any boutonnieres left there or they would have called. WHAT??!! In the mean time Courtney's date came and Carter misssed the whole thing!! He felt so bad and so did I. BUT, this boy was so darling, that after dinner he brought her back so that her dad could see her before the dance. What a neat kid, huh? All in all it was a major success and Courtney had a blast. The first date and the first dance were over just like that. Now I am old, just like that.

No comments: