Here is mom helping out with the ring toss.
This is what you will ALWAYS find my dad doing, toting a few of the babies around. The little girls fight over him (just like high school, huh dad?).
I love this picture of Jackson putting temporary tattoos on all the little kids.
Courtney was in charge of the Dart Throw. Was that a smart move??
Carter was in charge of the water guns......also a questionable move.
I wish I got better picture of the whole thing, there was a cotton candy booth, a photo booth, balloons everywhere and the most darling dessert table.
Ash made these adorable cupcakes. Good thing I don't live by her, we would be in some serious trouble.
The next activity was a surprise 60th birthday party for may dad at the Alpine Country Club. We set up a fun dinner and everyone was there to surprise him (except Nate and Heather's family, who are in Alaska). It wasn't actually his birthday day, so he was really surprised. Check out the look on his face....that doesn't happen very often.
Coop and Gwen posing for the camera at the Country Club.
The next day we met the Cluff's at a fun splash pad in Alpine. Gwen had a blast in the water and we had a great time catching up. Unfortunately I neglected to take any pictures of adults. Take my word for it, we all looked GOOD!
This is one of my all time favorite traditions we have. The Cluff's all meet over at BYU during the Stadium of Fire, we all bring our dinner and food to share. We spread out the blankets, the kids play, we eat and visit. The funnest part is that all the in laws families are invited too. This year my family and Trina's family came along. We have been doing this FOREVER, but has been along time since we were able to make it since we live further away. IT was a BLAST! I miss my Cluff's!
Kate and Courtney at the park.
Ashley's baby Reese. Cute, right?
I always try to make a fun, patriotic treat. This year sugar cookies were about as good as it got seeing as how I was far away from my own kitchen.
Kate the Great. We love this little girl.
Here are Ashley's boys. my boys and one of Corie's boys checking out something cool.
This is Benson's new little bride, Albree. She is going to have a little girl any day now. We love having her in the family!
Kimball's little guy Brody. He is a hoot!
And this is Brody's sister Reese. She is beautiful! Plus, she's wearing a Plunkett.
Our little "firecracker" looking as sweet as ever. She is secretly planning her next move!
See, I told you.
Here I am with my girls trying to look festive and patriotic, it's much cuter when you are young.
My girls. Oh, how they have enriched my life!
Oh look, my dad with the little girls. Surprise.
The boys found the biggest messiest spot they could, and they were busy for hours.
Pam talking to Pam Taylor (Trina's mom). I love both of these Pam's!
Jackie, looking stylish and chill as usual.
Ashley and Reese. The husbands were there, they just dissapear when the football comes out.
Cute sisters, Kate and Jane.
Jackie on the blankets with the kids, getting ready for the fireworks.
On the morning of the Fourth, we had a breakfast in my parents back yard. Have I ever mentioned that thier backyard looks like it is straight out of a landscaping magazine? Well it does and it is amazing. When we stay there, I try to eat out on the back porch as much as possible, because it looks like this, and you can hear the creek rushing by and it is 50* cooler than St. George and 100% greener too. Love.
After dinner, my dad got all fun, and set up a wild slip and slide, which made us laugh hystercally for the next two hours. What a blast!
Bowen, and his mad sliding skills.
Cooper is our ham!
Grandpa helping Gwen.
Court and Kate getting crazy! These two are best buddies!
Jackson helping Gwennie.
Monday night we got together with the Cluff's at Nick and Corie's for a BBQ and fireworks. I could visit with the Cluff's forever and never get tired of it. Above are just three of the darling Cluff girls all dressed up waiting for the firewoerks to start.
Just a small portion of the Cluff posterity.
Grandkids are coming faster than we can count, they all love each other.
Carter and Gwennie enjoying the fireworks.
Albree, Pam, Ben and Corie watching the fireworks.
Another cute group enjoying the night.
Speaking of fireworks, we are deep in the throws of planning this cute girls 16th birthday. I'm serious. Dead serious. I am not happy about it all, good thing she is the best teenager ever. More
details to follow.......Happy FOURTH!
5 comments:
Looks like a BLAST....what a cute little girl or should I say big girl! She is turning 16, that is crazy! I can't wait to see what you are planning!
Okay that made me homesick for Utah and the family. I miss you all so much. I can't believe how much everyone is growing. I'm so glad you blog so we can keep updated with you all. Love ya.
Love it! Looks like such amazingly fun time with the family. I miss those family times! We don't get enough of them anymore. I'm so glad you both come from amazing families! I always hoped I was going to become part of your family. :)
P.s. Wow, those popcorn cupcakes by Ashley--very impressive! Oh and tell Courtni she can't possibly be turning 16! No possible. She'll be "taken" before you know it.
That was the best weekend ever! It was so fun to have you up from St. George for the whole weekend plus a day or two extra.
Post a Comment