Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Basketball

It is no secret our Jackson is madly in love with the game of basketball. I would say he spends at least a couple of hours every single day out on our court. It has become his passion. I think it is probably the same with most teenage boys and some sport. It has been so fun to watch him grow and improve, well not really GROW, but improve nonetheless.

He made the school team this year and they had a so so season. Carter was a bit frustrated with the coaching, as were some of the other parents. So when a couple of the parents asked him if he would be willing to coach a summer team, he jumped at the chance. He quickly threw together a team and they had two practices before the first tournament. To our surprise they won all of their games and ended up playing for the championship, and more importantly, the had SO much fun! They lost the championship game, but it still ended up being a wonderful experience.

They entered another tournament a week or so ago, and sailed right through it, winning every game and this time even the championship game. Needless to day, Carter is in heaven, and Jackson is in heaven. Carter is the best kind of coach there is. Calm, collected, smart and confident. The boys absolutely love him and play hard for him. Now if we could just get Jackson to grow! He wants to get bigger so bad. His friends have all passed him up, but I think it makes him a better player. He has to be faster, jump higher, work harder and be more aggressive than the taller players. I'm sure puberty is right around the corner (don't tell him I said that). I am so proud of this group of boys, not only are they terrific ball players, but they are terrific people. Way to go boys!!



Jackson going up for a lay up, he is number four.







He looks so official.





Jackson said this picture is "sick" .





The lucky socks


1 comment:

Colt 'n Tami said...

LORI!!!!! I found your blog... YAY! And what a flippin DANG cute fam you got there! Ohhhh.... yeah you sooo are mama of the year! You got tons of fun things always goin on you go girl! U guys rock! Sooo glad I get to stalk you now :)
email me and I'll let you in on our blogeroo!
tbabe16@hotmail.com

p.s. did I mention how DANG cute your family is! WOW!