Monday, March 7, 2011

Kansas City 2011

Carter sold enough insurance last year to be invited to his companies headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri to attend rookie school and the annual awards banquet. I was lucky enough to be invited too. It was a lot of work to get every one all squared away so we could go, but in the end it was well worth all the effort.

A huge shout out to my mom and dad who came down to St. George to tend my kids. I'm sure it was not easy, but my kids loved every minute of it. They are SUPER grandparents. Gwennie was glued to grandpa and wouldn't have much to do with any one else. Thank you, thank you, thank you mom and dad!

Carter and I had the BEST time ever! I loved Kansas city. It is an old city full of rich history and amazing architecture. It didn't hurt that we were put up in the most amazing hotel, ate the most amazing food, and given some amazing gifts. I got to seep in every morning while Carter attended meetings. What?! One of the days the wives went on a city tour, the arcitecture of the city was stunning, and I absolutely loved all of the old houses. Every night we were treated to fancy schmancy meals with food that never seemed to end. When we came back to our room we would find fun surprises like cash, gift cards, and fun gifts. Another nigh we went to the most amazing high scale bowling alley and had incredible food and a great time. Don't worry we both got matching bowling shirts. I may or may not have bowled the highest girls score of the evening....I think it might have had something to do with the fact that I was one of the few girls not drunk, but I will take the victory however I can get it!

Our Hotel

The view from our room, overlooking The Plaza


During the last half of the week, all our peeps arrived from the Whittenburg office and things got really fun! Oh how I love those people. We had another amazing dinner on Friday night and on Saturday morning we went to see Independence and Liberty Jail, an amazing experience.

Look at what a good pioneer I would have been



On Saturday night the magic happened! We broke out the formal wear, of which I got not a single picture (lame), and headed to the grand ballroom for the awards night. This thing was like the Grammy's, everything was five star for sure. A four course meal on fancy china, a stage, cameras, lights, and a server for every table etc. etc. It was especially fun because our agency won agency of the year, a very prestigious honor. We were so proud to be a part of such an amazing group of people, who we love. After all the hoopla, the fun happened. An amazing band came out on stage, the dance floor lit up, and the fog machines were turned on. I might have embarrassed the family a bit, shhhh. I don't know what happened, but after a week with no kids and being totally relaxed, I danced my little heart out until one in the morning, and had the time of my life doing it. I had some INCREDIBLE dance partners (you know who you are) and got out about 15 years of pent up stag dance energy.

Getting ready for the "big night"

So, needless to say, Kansas city was a real hit. We wouldn't have had as much fun, if we were worried about our kids, but with mom and dad at home holding down the fort, so we never worried. Carter and I got to spend some quality time together, which was the best part of the trip. Man I love that guy and have never been more proud of him in my life. He has started a new career off with a bang, and I can't wait to see what else he can do. Until next year Kansas city, keep that dance floor warm!

5 comments:

Bowen Family said...

Cogratulations Carter! What's great reward for such a hard worker. You deserved that trip too Lori all the work you pit in with those awesome kids. It's great that you got to do some relaxing. I wish I could have seen those moves.

April Nielsen said...

I'm so excited to hear about the trip...I've been waiting for someone to blog about it! Shucks for no pics of the awards ceremony I was excited to see you all dressed up! I know exactly who kept you up dancing ;) They are too fun. We WILL be there next year. Come on Florida!
BTW everyone died over your cupcakes...of course!

Michelle Thompson said...

Wow, it sounds and looks like you guys had a great time! No one deserves it more!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Love it! Congrats on the award Carter and the high bowling score Lori. Sure wish I could have witnessed your sweet dance skills. And too bad you didn't get a pict in your formal. Where did you end up finding one?

Lou said...

A perfect recap for a perfect trip! I'm not even going there with the dance moves...Let's just say, I have never seen such great chemistry between two people. (And I'm not talking about Carter!) Next year let's get you up on stage!

You're one of my favorite peeps. Love that you're apart of us!